SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "A Marine’s M107 Sniper Rifle Failed During A Firefight — So He Called Customer Service"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"A Marine’s M107 Sniper Rifle Failed During A Firefight — So He Called Customer Service" Login/Join 
posted
At the bottom of the linked article is a 45 minute video about the Barrett company. At 9:26 begins the segment about the "help desk" call.

http://taskandpurpose.com/m-10...ht-customer-service/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Cool story.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Shades of the called in fire suppory mission from 'Heartbreak Ridge'. Cool

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
"I never go into combat without my plastic"...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Great flick.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Great flick.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6uvF-emJDSI" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I thought that movie was ridiculous. Just in that short clip you posted, it was full of B.S. That part where the Recon Marine says "who invited you"? That would never happen. I don't care how undisciplined that platoon was, when a new Gunny shows up, they are not going to act like that.

It was a good performance by Clint (does he ever have a bad performance?), but it couldn't save that trash movie.

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I guess I say "great" because of Clint - obviously a bunch of B/S with the characters, but Gunny Highway carried the effort. Not realistic but humorously entertaining.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post