SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who do we like for bolt gun rings?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do we like for bolt gun rings? Login/Join 
posted
I have a bolt gun I'm getting glass for and while I generally go ADM for scope mounts, I don't imagine I'll need or want QD for my rifle. Any recommendations? Its a Deserttech SRS in 338LM and 6.5cm so flat 1913 top rail for the mounting surface.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Doesn't sound like a lightweight. Spuhr one piece with 20 MOA ramp?

http://www.spuhr.biz/ideal-scope-mount-system

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I like Spuhr mounts.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I run Seekins or ARC M10 rings on all my precision rifles. Never had issues or scope rings. I check torque specs periodically.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I have leupold mk4 rings on my bolt gun. They were around $150, and are rock solid.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I use DNZ or Leupold.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have DNZ on one Rem700 (223) and a set of Leupold on the other Rem700 (243)....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
I ran Seekins precision matched rings for a long time with great results... until I finally tried Spuhr. Not sure I'd go anything else now unless it was a deer rifle.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of Spuhr recommendations. For the folks running Spuhr mounts what is it that draws you to them vs other rings/mounts? I've noticed they are double or triple some of the other stuff out there. Is it piece of mind or is there a tangible benefit?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Seekins. I have several sets on multiple rifles and haven't found anything lacking with them that would require me to spend the money on a Spuhr.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed by the Seekins rings that my Razor is settled into.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.badgerordnance.com/

I have used Badger Ordnance for years with no problems.

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
For me, Vortex Precision Matched Rings, Badger Ordinance and TPS work well. (The Vortex Precision Matched Rings are made by Seekins, and sometimes can be had for less than Seekins. At a minumum, availability seems to be better.) Badger Ordinance are very proud of their rings, and I'm not sure the extra money is warranted. (Got mine for "free" with a scope.)

TPS: I like the product, and the TSR-W rings work well for me. I've heard that directly dealing with the manufacturer can be a pain, though. Get yours from a reputable reseller, like Brownells or so.

(Was curious about Spuhr mounts also. Read a number of comments though that you may have to secure the scope in the mount with resin, otherwise the scope slips in the mount. Didn't want to have to deal with that, as none of the rings I use have that need.)

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I asked here awhile back and am happy with the Seekins ring recommendation I received.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I've used Badger Ord and Leupold Mark IVs, would recommend either.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Considering what the rifle cost, I guess saving a few bucks for dinner won't matter. Big Grin

If you would like to have a few bucks left over to spend, I recommend Warne rings. My FAL (she has a bolt!) wears them. They are unconventional as they are vertically split. They may induce a profanity laced tirade the first time one mounts a scope. Yet they are really solid for the money.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've used Badger Ord and Leupold Mark IVs, would recommend either.

This, rings come in every type of style and price. But the above are in the sweet spot of quality and price.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a semi, I'd go Larue in half a heartbeat. What are people's thoughts on Larue mounts on a bolt gun?

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Larue, but do they actually offer a traditional non QD mount?
I'd never choose QD mounts on a bolt gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Ive used Seekins, NF and Badger with no issues. My decision on brand is usually whichever one presents itself for a good price first, usually with a preference towards Badger.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post