SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rossi Ranch Hand / Rossi 92 SBR question >>>>>>>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rossi Ranch Hand / Rossi 92 SBR question >>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted
So I am interested in applying for my tax stamp to get a SBR for either a Rossi 92 or Rossi Ranch Hand which will be chambered in 44 Magnum. My question is which will be the best and easiest ??? Please let me know why. Thank you for reading and any info or experience given or left. God Bless Smile

• Purchase Rossi 92 and take it to a gun smith and have them reduce the barrel length to 12-inches. or

• Purchase a Rossi Ranch Hand and purchase a full stock for it.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No real experience with this , but I've often toyed with the same idea.
I would buy a Ranch Hand and put a stock on it. That way , I wouldn't need to use a gunsmith at all. No change to barrel, no change to loading tube. No change to front sight. No change to loading tube spring.
All in all...the ranch hand seems like a neat idea ! I've wondered why someone hasn't found a way to put a "forearm brace" on one and skip the SBR/ATF altogether....

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Buying a full stock would definitely be an easier way to do it. I have a Henry Mare's Leg and it just begs to be made into an SBR. But the buttstocks are pretty expensive so I haven't done it... yet. Hopefully you'll find Rossi replacement buttstocks to be much less expensive.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXc0rm6dzVs

Hickok45 covers one in this video. It does look fun.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love it !!! 6+1 rounds of 44-magnum would be a very fun truck gun !!! Thank you for posting and God Bless Smile

quote:
Originally posted by BillF:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXc0rm6dzVs

Hickok45 covers one in this video. It does look fun.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did this with a Rossi Ranch Hand. It turned out great. You just Need to find a full buttstock. My buttstock needed a little fitting but no big deal.

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VBVAGUY, Just sent you email with picture of mine. Not sure how to post pic online and I don’t have time to figure it out this morning

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of the Ranch Hands do not shoot to poa with the factory sights. Mine shot high even when the rear sight was fully adjusted down as far as it would go. I replaced with Skinner rear peep sight and fiber optic front. Very happy with those sights on the Ranch Hand

posted Hide Post
I got your picture very nice !!! Do you live in the USA and if so how how long did you wait for your tax stamp for the SBR ?? Or do you live in Canada ??? God Bless Smile

quote:
Originally posted by jimacp:
Some of the Ranch Hands do not shoot to poa with the factory sights. Mine shot high even when the rear sight was fully adjusted down as far as it would go. I replaced with Skinner rear peep sight and fiber optic front. Very happy with those sights on the Ranch Hand

posted Hide Post
I live in US. Do I need a tax stamp for that? Haha....just kidding. Took about 8 months for tax stamp but that was a few years ago.