SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    QD Scope Mounts That Return To Zero... (or not).
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QD Scope Mounts That Return To Zero... (or not). Login/Join 
Picture of Sammael
posted
So - some folks talk about LaRue mounts, and how they RTZ quite reliably, others talk about American Defense, or (insert name here) mounts, but what have YOU used that does the trick?

And just how accurate is the RTZ? Can it honestly reliably be done with repeatable precision?

What works for you?

Here is what I am looking to accomplish:

Rifle: AR10, 18", trying to stay as lightweight as possible on this one.

Purpose: DMR - Not super precision.

True, repeatable RTZ would be great, but if the RTZ is less than perfect, I would honestly settle for just a quick offload in order to use irons if need be. 30mm tube.

Not looking to just swap out optics all the live-long day and expect perfect zero - wanting to be practical, and spend what I should, but not waste cash.

Which brings us to...

Budget: 200ish or under, but if some folks are to be believed when they say that honest RTZ even with high dollar mounts is hit and miss, then why not go with a solid, robust mount that is 95-99%, and just use it strictly for a fast offload of the optics, and re-zero it later as needed? Why pay ridiculous of money for only a marginal increase in zero?

I don't want glass to be the only sighting option on this rifle, and offset BUIS ain't happening. Big Grin

So I would reckon that leaves me with a good set of irons and a decent sight/scope mounted in a QD mount that would allow for a quick transition to said irons if need be.

What say ye, SF?

Posts: 571 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
To add to your list...I use American Defense and larue.

The return To zero on the larue is good, I cannot measure it easily as it is for a Trijicon MRO. The American Defense is on a 3-15x 44mm optic. The shift is minor I can take the optic off go to my dot sight, then go back to the large optic for more precision. I have never sat down and measured the shift but potatos and cans are easy shots to 100 yards.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post