SIGforum
9MM Pistol to Eventually SBR?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1880054834

March 03, 2018, 12:33 PM
BB61
9MM Pistol to Eventually SBR?
Scorpion. With Picatiny rail covers it's smooth and fun to shoot. HBI trigger upgrade and right safety delete are cheap and work well. 922r kit is not to pricey as well.

March 03, 2018, 02:19 PM
Shackelford
P26- I love mine. Can't go wrong here. I pick up 20 round mags for $40 shipped. Hopefully mag prices will continue to drop

GHM-9- I've heard good things, but the LOP is a little long with the standard B&T side folder.

Used MPX- soft shooting, same manual of arms as an AR, aftermarket triggers, great ergos, solid gun.
March 03, 2018, 07:23 PM
KHolm
Scorpion...

As stated previously, it doesn’t take much to make it yours. New grip, HBI Springs, enhanced charging handle, delete a safety on your preferred side, add a rail cover or two, and factory stocks can be found easily. I Tailhooked mine for under $200, so all told my investment is still below your requirement With extra Manticore mags, case and WML. YMMV. It’s my “UN-SBR” at a very good value and a damned hoot to shoot.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.
March 04, 2018, 03:59 PM
myrottiety
I like the price point on the scorpion. But man that MPX is drawing me in.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
March 05, 2018, 01:55 PM
BB61
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

No first hand experience but the MPX has a lot of gas blowback with a supressor on it from every report I’ve read.

March 05, 2018, 10:12 PM
Shackelford
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:

No first hand experience but the MPX has a lot of gas blowback with a supressor on it from every report I’ve read.

On mine, I had some gas issues, but it is heavily ammo dependent, once I figured out the right ammo, no issues.

After that, I also switched to using a k-can, which probably helps too. No gas the last dozen or so times I've had it out.
March 05, 2018, 11:14 PM
TAP
I would wait for this one, if I had to do it again;

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-s...istol-micro-w-brace/

Ps. Owned a CZ Scorpion and still have a dedicated Glcok mag AR 9mm
March 06, 2018, 06:21 AM
shoevb
I have a Scorpion with an SBI brace and after a few inexpensive changes it is good to go. I looked at the MPX also but at almost double the cost I chose the Scorpion. I don't feel the need to SBR it with the brace working fine. I'm waiting on a suppressor to get out of jail and the gun will be perfect. It's my favorite gun to shoot now. As TAP said, you may want to look at the new micro scorpion.
March 06, 2018, 08:04 AM
Brett B
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:

Then you haven't been paying very close attention. There are several posts on this forum where people who actually own an MPX (like myself) have no problems with gas blowback when suppressed.

I have shot my MPX Gen 2 with two different cans (soon to be 3 different cans), and my buddies MPX Gen 2 with one of my cans, both with a wide variety of ammo, and I have not had any problems with gas blowback.

There are all sorts of Youtube videos where people have great experience shooting the MPX without gas blowback issues. There are even a few "myth busting" videos that cover this very topic.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/
March 06, 2018, 11:34 AM
LVJD
My MPX suffers terribly in the accuracy department running it suppressed.
March 06, 2018, 11:44 AM
LVJD
Just as follow up you should consider the HK SP5K. I got one added the Sig brace folder and it is by far the cats meow. I think I like it better than my SBR’d Sig MPX.
March 06, 2018, 03:46 PM
jsjac
I have been wanting a 9mm AR for a while. I wanted one that uses Glock magazines. I bought one of the Stern Defense magazine block. Works great and also has the last round bolt hold open that great.
March 07, 2018, 07:11 AM
myrottiety
quote:
Originally posted by LVJD:
Just as follow up you should consider the HK SP5K. I got one added the Sig brace folder and it is by far the cats meow. I think I like it better than my SBR’d Sig MPX.

That's gonna smoke my budget. They look like they are holding at $2K pretty steadily.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
March 24, 2018, 08:04 PM
Shackelford
quote:
Originally posted by LVJD:
My MPX suffers terribly in the accuracy department running it suppressed.

At first, I thought this was true on mine. The problem was the LH threads on the barrel, coupled with RH threads on the adapter. One of them was always working loose. After chopping two inches and adding a loctited 3-lug adaptor, no problems.