SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig716G2 DMR & Leupold Scope Elevation Adjustment Issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig716G2 DMR & Leupold Scope Elevation Adjustment Issues Login/Join 
Picture of CHLP290
posted
I have a Sig716G2 DMR and recently mounted a Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44mm scope. My POI is high and I'm unable to lower the elevation anymore because it's at the zero stop. I've trolled the Internet and have only found suggestions to add a shim and I know there is something else I can do. Any assistance is appreciated.

US Army Veteran
Proud NRA Member
Sig P229 40 Cal.
Sig P290RS 9mm
Sig P320C 40 Cal
Sig P365 9mm
Sig 516G2 Patrol
Sig 716G2 DMR
Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO
Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun
Savage Axis II XP 30-06

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
How much more do you need to go ?? You can remove the turret cap and dial down some more and then put the cap back on...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure I understand the issue, but if the zero stop is preventing dialing down further, it should be possible to bypass the stop and continue. I can’t recall exactly how the elevation adjustment works at this point, but if you can’t find it in the instruction booklet, I’d call Leupold and ask for assistance.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47398 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CHLP290
posted Hide Post
I'm not even on the target at 25 yards. I removed the cap and also looked at videos online and I don't believe there is a way to go past the zero stop.
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
How much more do you need to go ?? You can remove the turret cap and dial down some more and then put the cap back on...

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CHLP290
posted Hide Post
I'm going to call Leupold this morning.
I cannot go past the zero stop and have already removed the cap.
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I’m not sure I understand the issue, but if the zero stop is preventing dialing down further, it should be possible to bypass the stop and continue. I can’t recall exactly how the elevation adjustment works at this point, but if you can’t find it in the instruction booklet, I’d call Leupold and ask for assistance.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I would then talk to Leupold. I have two of those sights and use sloped mounts to add to the elevation with no problem. Either there is an issue with the rifle, the scope is defective, or someone should be able to tell you how to get past the zero stop (assuming that’s what’s preventing your adjusting properly). I have called the company on several occasions and although it may be necessary to hold for awhile, I’ve always been happy with the support.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47398 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 25 yds the bullet is still rising. But you should only be about what...6 inches low?

I usually start at 25 yds sighting in my red dots.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
At 25 yds the bullet is still rising. But you should only be about what...6 inches low?

If the bullet is rising at 25 yards, as it would be if it’s going to hit something at any greater distance, then the only way it could be 6 inches low the sight above the bore line would have to be at least 6 inches, and probably more. Even with straight-line stocks as used with AR-type designs, the sight above bore distance is seldom more than about 2 1/2 inches.

I am curious what, if anything, Leupold has had to say.

6.4/93.6

— Plato