SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does anyone own a LWRC SMG-45?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone own a LWRC SMG-45? Login/Join 
posted
I am looking for opinions. I know there are quite a few pcc guys on here. I have my bnt ghm45, I am contemplating the LWRC next.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean the SMG-45? I own one.

Expensive, but a nice gun. Low recoil. I haven’t had any issues with mine. Like it a lot, but I wish LWRC had gone with MLOK instead of their proprietary rail slots.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Do you mean the SMG-45? I own one.

Expensive, but a nice gun. Low recoil. I haven’t had any issues with mine. Like it a lot, but I wish LWRC had gone with MLOK instead of their proprietary rail slots.

how hard is it to get the rail adapters.

I would love to know more about it. How many rounds down the range?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It comes with the rail panel covers shown, six total, with one having a small handstop at the front, so if you just want covers, you’re good. But if you want anything else, you’ll have to buy from LWRC. So far, just a couple hundred rounds shot, all 230gr ball, including some old Norinco junk.

One other issue is that standard AR height sights (Magpul MBUS are included) and mounts are quite high since the UMP pattern stock/brace has a low comb. Similar to a CZ Scorpion with the factory stock, a low mount and sights work best IMHO. I’m using a low mount and offset sights.

Takes standard AR grips and triggers, but the factory stuff is fine, so I haven’t changed it.

If you want to run a suppressor, you need to use a booster piston and spring since the barrel moves back and forth.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one. sorry for the interruption, back to your regular programming.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Friend just bought one, it's an absolute tank. I've not shot it, this is just from some basic handling and dry firing, but it felt very well built.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I it alot. I would like to handle one first.

posted Hide Post
I'd buy it sight unseen if someone knows where...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'd buy it sight unseen if someone knows where...

all over GB

posted Hide Post
Thanks the last few I have followed went for a bit more than I'm willing to pay above list. But following and hoping. j

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I was able to hold and examine one last week at the gunshop. It was surprisingly heavy, but every bit of it was very high quali.ty. It felt really good in the hands

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A buddy has one. It is a tank for sure, but I prefer my CMMG Banshee .45 due to the weight and it shoots smoother.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot one and came away favorably impressed with LWRCs build quality. It oozed quality. It shot well suppressed and as a range gun that was literally just getting loaded and fired with a long wraparound line to shoot it, it seemed quite reliable.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post