SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any forum memebers in the Kansas City area have a SB PDW brace or Maxim Defense PDW Stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any forum memebers in the Kansas City area have a SB PDW brace or Maxim Defense PDW Stock Login/Join 
posted
Thinking about using one for a build. But would prefer to shoulder/hold it feel how it fits me before I make the plunge. If you have one and are willing to meet. Please contact me via email in my profile.

Thanks James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry ... but I can't help but chuckling every time I see this thread.

And now that its been up for the better part of 2 days, with 55 views and no responses I can only assume that no one wants to knowingly break the law by shouldering a brace.

Imagine that.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a late night and I was very tired .It wasn't my intention to shoulder the brace. Also a very poor choice of words. But if it fit me, my intent was to get a lower with the pdw brace, do the tax stamp make it an sbr and replace the brace with the pdw stock. Thanks for pointing it out kimber kid.

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post

Their PDW brace is very small, and the strap isn't very long ... anyone with a adult size forarm will be uncomfortable at best, as to what it would be like to shoulder it, well suffice it to say the brace is only about 1.5" longer than the carbine tube alone. As I mentioned in another post, as a stock it might fit a child (think 4'6") ... I don't think I could get my cheek down to the sights if I were to shoulder it, however to use it as a cheekrest(like a blade), it might graze my collarbone, but I don't think you could pull it into your shoulder and use the sights.

Now, that being said, for what it is, I do like it and have 2 ... one on an AR57 and one on a 223 with a 7" barrel ... neither of which have any recoil to speak of.

I'll try to get a pic of the two together but for now, here's the AR57 ... it started as a 16" barrel but I had it cut down to 8 and my YHM suppressor fits inside the handguard.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post