SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington 700 30-06 (Whoops, actually a 770)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 30-06 (Whoops, actually a 770) Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
I found what appears to be a deal on a NIB Remington 700 in .30-06 with an unknown-brand optic. I have a Savage Trophy Hunter XP in .308, but I don't know anything about the Remington.

What would be a reasonable price here? Anything I should know?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AUTiger89,

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Replace the stock, barrel and trigger and you could have a shooter. Possibly true up the action.

I personally value 700's at action price, especially if you want "good deal" price.

All that being said, I bet your Savage outshoots it.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't hold newer Remington rifles or shotguns in very high regards anymore. Older ones, yes.
I'm with War on this one. If you can get it at a good price, do some work on it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've got an older (made in the 80's) Model 700 ADL that shoots like a dream. I don't care for a newer one, but I'm sure with a little tinkering you could make it shoot ok. IF the price was right, that is.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I've got an older (made in the 80's) Model 700 ADL that shoots like a dream. I don't care for a newer one, but I'm sure with a little tinkering you could make it shoot ok. IF the price was right, that is.

The only Remington I'd be interested in more would be a 700bdl in 7mag.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I recently sold a pair of Remington 700s. Here's what I found after extensive research and selling prices on GunBroker:

742 ADL Woodmaster, Good-to-excellent: $350-$550, excellent-new: A bit more. Average closing price for completed auctions on excellent-new: $463

700 BDL, Good-to-excellent: $380-$670. Average closing price for completed auctions on excellent-new: $545.

If I'd listed them on GB, those average prices where what I would have asked on buy-it-now.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Whoops. It's a Model 770.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Pass. As in 50.00 is too much.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Pass. As in 50.00 is too much.

What he said.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

If it were me, I might consider looking at a Tikka over a 770.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

If it were me, I might consider looking at a Tikka over a 770.

Handled a Tikka Saturday at Allegheny Gun Works and I liked it. I thought it was very smooth.
Sadly or maybe not, a Glock 17L caught my eye and that's on its way instead of a rifle.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Lol, I dunno about sadly. There's a reserved place in my safe for a 17L some day.

But if it were down to the 770 as "a deal" or a Tikka for fair, I think I would opt for a fair price on a Tikka.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Guys, I am only considering the Remington because it is ridiculously cheap and in a caliber I don't have. I already have a Savage in .308.

I have held a Tikka and it is a very nice rifle, but it isn't what I was inquiring about.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I like to keep an eye on local Armslist offerings, when looking for used. Of course one has to use 'due diligence' if going through with a possible purchase.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys, I am only considering the Remington because it is ridiculously cheap and in a caliber I don't have. I already have a Savage in .308.

I have held a Tikka and it is a very nice rifle, but it isn't what I was inquiring about.

I was half joking at 50.00, literally. Its a 100.00 gun. If you want it to own a rilfe in caliber you dont own then go for it. I bouhgt a single shot Savage 12g for 65.00 becasue it was 65.00. I didnt need it or want it, but it was 65.00 and I didnt own one already.

They were selling the exact gun at Walmart at one point for 299.00,less on sale.

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input, all. Based on the feedback, I will pass on it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.