SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Since we are showing off old girls. She is 103 years young!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Since we are showing off old girls. She is 103 years young! Login/Join 
posted
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

She is one of my favorites. A Parker Hale re-worked .22LR SMLE trainer. Thing shoots lights out w/ good ole’ Remington Thunderbolt.

Yesterday was a good day. Went to the outdoor range w/ my ‘03 then in the evening went to the indoor range w/ her and my son. He just turned 18 and bought his first gun on his own. Got a Ruger 10/22. Not a bad choice by him.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Sweet! You don’t see those everyday! Thanks for posting.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Now that is nice!

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I wonder if you old girl ever met my old guy?

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2190 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
I wonder if you old girl ever met my old guy?

I doubt it. However, her “bigger” sisters may have! Very nice collectible you have.

posted Hide Post
Here is my oldest rifle, made in 1904 and re-barreled and re-finished by a previous owner in 357 Magnum. BTW, I believe that Winchester did the work and the Winchester stamped barrel is good enough for me to shoot sub 1 inch groups at 100 yards.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5642 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Old girls? Look at all those young whippersnappers, born after the turn of the century! Big Grin

128 years old, yet still able to use modern ammunition:

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Old girls? Look at all those young whippersnappers, born after the turn of the century! Big Grin

128 years old, yet still able to use modern ammunition:

Nice!!!! With the Arshin marked rear sight and all. I have an Old Russian Empire 1891 Mosin Nagant that is in original and decent shape but, it is a young one made in ‘15. So much better, in my opinion, compared to the much more common and plain Jane 91/30’s and such.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Here is my oldest rifle, made in 1904 and re-barreled and re-finished by a previous owner in 357 Magnum. BTW, I believe that Winchester did the work and the Winchester stamped barrel is good enough for me to shoot sub 1 inch groups at 100 yards.

Love the old levers, have you considered wrapping the lever? I have two marlins that I put leather wraps on one 1894 and one 1895. Make a noticeable difference in the experience and speed and comfort.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Scooter123... I have a soft spot for Model 1892s...IMHO John Browning’s best and strongest design...that stock is beautiful Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Scooter, did the Lyman rear sight help grouping any, and what size aperturedoes it hav?

/drift

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post