SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kriss Vector CRB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kriss Vector CRB Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
I am considering purchasing this gun tomorrow morning. It will be for PCC steels and car gun.

For those of you that have the gun, how is it holding up? Is it reliable? Any major FTF or FTE issues?

Have you accessorized it with anything cool?

I have watched a bunch of YouTube videos that rated it highly. But, one dude from Canada gave it a shitty review. It is the only one that makes me pause.
https://youtu.be/DJ7h9vKD87E

Help me guys! I want to purchase tomorrow.

https://kriss-usa.com/item/vector-crb/

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the exact model Kriss Vector that you are thinking about, but I do have the Kriss Vector Gen II SDP-SB Enhanced pistol in 9MM. The Vector has been 100% reliable and very accurate. Mine came with the SBR folding brace from the factory but I'm not sure if they even offer that any longer as it's not shown on their website.

It's been a blast to own and I really like the unusual styling. It's that exact styling that caused me to say for years that I would never own one because it's too ugly, but needless to say, I've changed my mind. I was looking for something different, and the technology behind the design intrigued me. The Super V Recoil Mitigation System seems to be very robust and trouble free. It's simple to take down and clean and does result in less noticeable recoil. The fact that it takes Glock magazines is a big plus also.

I don't have a lot of rounds through mine, probably less than a thousand. I use it just for a range toy and target shooting, but I honestly can't remember a single FTE or a FTF. It's been 100% reliable with every type of ammo that I've shot through it.

I would say that it must be a pretty reliable gun because Kriss has devoted a lot of their manufacturing capacity in order to keep up with orders for it. When you take it to the range, be prepared for a lot of attention. It is just plain different looking.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an older KRISS gen 1 pistol and it was amazingly accurate and fun to shoot. I didn't think it recoiled any different with it's action compared to other .45 carbines I have shot but it wasn't bad. Stick with Glock mags and KRISS extensions if you want to make sure it runs reliably. The only con about the gun was charging it with the hammer down, which was a common issue with the gun. It was very difficult to do and I wasn't the only one that thought so at my range. I am not sure if they changed the innards or not since the first gen..

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,
I have read a bunch of negative reviews tonight.
From cracked frames to poor customer service.

I wanted to buy tomorrow but I may reconsider.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2nd Gen .40 CRB, and think it’s pretty heavy, and that dummy suppressor doesn’t help. Also like others have said, it takes a fair amount of force to initially charge it. I wanted something to use up a bunch of .40 ammo that I had, but once I got a 8” barrel CMMG RDB .40 upper, I lost interest in the Kriss. Maybe if I had gotten a Vector pistol instead, I would have felt better about it, but the carbine doesn’t do much for me.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help gents. I am going to pass.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't had any problems with mine at all. Loads of fun and easy to get it the way you want.

Maybe I got an early version that was easy to charge? No complaints here.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I had my doubts and moved on.
I bought a FNX Tactical in .45 acp for my car gun instead.

posted Hide Post
i am late to the party here.

I had a 40 crb. the faux shroud was a pain. I ended up SBr'ing it at 8" barrel. I run it with a tri lug now and a dead air ghost m. That makes it the same length with can as a CRB

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post