SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR ShortBarrel Weaponlight.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR ShortBarrel Weaponlight. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
Which Malkoff head?

Current M300 are LED and quite good, actually no need for malkoff. I had some older incadescent scout ones and converted with the E1/Scout M300 1CR123 Head. And those are also quite good.
also have a few of the arisaka body lights and the Surefire KM1-E White/IR Scout head since I need IR. But the body is really just an equivalent to surefire in this case.

Except that the Malkoff can generally be had cheaper. I think an Arisaka light with tailcap is about $160. MAP on an M300 is $269.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Modlight, with a PLH or OKW head (preference). Likely with an 18350 body rather than 18650.

My HK416 has a M600DF on it now that I'll probably replace with an OKW head (because Candela) soon. If I were not running my carbines suppressed most of the time, I might run a 18350 body instead so that the head didn't extend out in front as far. Even on a 416, a Unity fusion hub with the Scout light, MAWL behind that is pretty well perfect for my setup.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post