SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Scope rings and mount recommendations for Ruger 10/22 target tactical
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope rings and mount recommendations for Ruger 10/22 target tactical Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
I just purchased a Ruger 10/22 Target Tactical with the heavy bull barrel.

I am pretty set on getting a Nikon Prostaff rimfire 3x9 40mm scope for it.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendation on what mount and rings I should get that would be the lowest height while clearing the 40mm bell from the barrel? Anyone have a similar setup?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should have come with a weaver top rail in the box. Will work well enough for anything you will do with a 3-9.
I think I have Leupold rifleman rings on mine. Any low or mid ring should clear on a 40mm bell. Burris is often recommended for these applications as well, but I haven't used any of their products.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have the Savage equivalent to that 10/22.
I have the Nikon Rimfire and medium Leupold rings.
You won’t be disappointed going with the same.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I used the Nikon A series low rings on a UTG rail to mount a 40mm scope to my 10/22. I have the stainless takedown, and it clears the rear sight when folded, so I would venture to guess it should also clear the bull barrel.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No advice for me, but I really like those 10/22 tactical rifles. I’ve wanted one for years but never got around to getting one. Now they aren’t offered any more.

How’s the bi pod that comes with it?

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the replies.

quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
No advice for me, but I really like those 10/22 tactical rifles. I’ve wanted one for years but never got around to getting one. Now they aren’t offered any more.

Not sure about the bipod yet as the gun is still in transit to my FFL. Apparently there are 2 separate product numbers for these guns, one with bipod(1230), and one without(11154). The one with bipod was only about $13 more than the one I saw semi-locally, as the sales tax+shipping would add up VS buying out of state and just paying shipping cost.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Thanks everyone for the replies.

quote:

Not sure about the bipod yet as the gun is still in transit to my FFL. Apparently there are 2 separate product numbers for these guns, one with bipod(1230), and one without(11154). The one with bipod was only about $13 more than the one I saw semi-locally, as the sales tax+shipping would add up VS buying out of state and just paying shipping cost.

Interesting, I am thinking very seriously about just ordering one up, it seems theres still some available in the wild on gunbroker and places like that. about 8 years ago, i decided not to get one at the very last minute and I've regretted it since.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
The Leupold VX1 2-7X28 with Leupold QR rings mounted on Warne 2pc Maxima Weaver mounts all in matte black is nice.

I have this set-up on my target takedown which has a modular stock for a shorter pull and/or high comb.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting, I am thinking very seriously about just ordering one up, it seems theres still some available in the wild on gunbroker and places like that. about 8 years ago, i decided not to get one at the very last minute and I've regretted it since.

There are still 2 stores in CA that I know of that still have the version with no bipod.
https://www.wbtguns.com/collec...alifornia-legal-22lr

https://www.goldenstatetactica...2-LR-16i-p/11154.htm

I purchased mine from Impactguns.com and I believe I purchased the last one as it now shows backordered.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
This is what I ended up getting.

http://jackweigand.com/1022.html

Its a solid unit made from a single piece of aluminum specifically made for the 10/22 and 40mm objective.

Just have to wait to get the scope to see how it all goes.