SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New MCX owner (failure)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New MCX owner (failure) Login/Join 
posted
Picked up my new MCX from Quantico Tactical. Lucky me its a recalled S/N. So I don't even get to shoot it. Better yet the ambi charging handle doesn't even work. I guess I will install the Hyper EDT trigger I bought so at least I get a new trigger.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bushmasta,

Posts: 76 | Location: Montana | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bushmasta:
Picked up my new MCX from Quantico Tactical. Lucky me its a recalled S/N. So I don't even get to shoot it. Better yet the ambi charging handle doesn't even work. Nice quality control Sig. I guess I will install the Hyper EDT trigger I bought so at least I get a new trigger.

OK, so you got a nib MCX that's defective (CH), plus it needs the revised BCG. Instead of getting SIG to fix it first, you decided to modify it with new trigger?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect he plans to take advantage of the fact that if you tell Sig you have an aftermarket non-Geissele trigger in the gun when you call in for the carrier recall, they'll swap out your trigger for a Geissele trigger and give you your old one back. In essence, scamming Sig to get a free trigger.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I suspect he plans to take advantage of the fact that if you tell Sig you have an aftermarket non-Geissele trigger in the gun when you call in for the carrier recall, they'll swap out your trigger for a Geissele trigger and give you your old one back. In essence, scamming Sig to get a free trigger.

Oh, I see. That is not playing nice.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger was ordered when I ordered the MCX in anticipation of receiving the MCX, as I run EDT in all my AR platforms. So the money was spent on the platform, I can see if they will return it.

If you buy something you should be able to use it as it was intended. If you bought a new car and was then told you can't drive it for 4-6 weeks, would you have bought it? The distributer has some responsibility, I think they should have been required to notify the buyer they are selling a recalled item before purchase. Instead they sell the rifle, and oh by the way don't use it and call Sig, its your problem now we got rid of it.

Sig changed the platform with recall after I had purchased items that were suppose to work with the platform. That is the difference. Oh so as a consumer you think its good that Sig put out an item that could AD and broken charging handle and should have any responsibility for it.

What about LE professionals that were using MCX as duty rifles and on a call with rifles out and it went off (as it only does in the lab in limited instances) you don't think bears any responsibility?

Posts: 76 | Location: Montana | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If a dealer recently sold me a rifle subject to
The recall I would be totally upset. And return it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
On the topic of recall, I think SIG should recall all the MCXs out there from dealers/distributors that have not sold, yet. It is not right to let them pass the recalled rifles to the consumers and make them go through all the BCG exchange BS.

Or, at least do the exchange at the dealer/distributor level, not pass the task to the consumer.

Q

posted Hide Post
I agree 100%. Call distributers, tell them to stop sales and ship rifles back. This would have been the best way to deal with it. Oh well. Sig is being responsive, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

posted Hide Post
Interestingly I had received one of two on order when the recall happened. My back order was cancelled so I had assumed that sig had recalled everything in the distribution channel. To learn they have not is very disappointing. FWIW>

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised anyone is even buying Sig rifles at all anymore...I know I won't.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the dealer knows there's a recall and sell it anyways that's dirty... I could understand if they didn't know.. it's not like they send a memo to dealers saying what's recalled on every gun, but to sell it and say oh by the way, call Sig because there's a recall seems fishy...

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If SIG did not have a plan for the guns in the distribution channel that's just plain dumb. I don't know the facts but I have a hard time believing they would be that bad, buy you never know.

posted Hide Post
That's what I say, tell distributors no sell on recalled rifles.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
On the topic of recall, I think SIG should recall all the MCXs out there from dealers/distributors that have not sold, yet. It is not right to let them pass the recalled rifles to the consumers and make them go through all the BCG exchange BS.

Or, at least do the exchange at the dealer/distributor level, not pass the task to the consumer.

quote:
Originally posted by Bushmasta:
I agree 100%. Call distributers, tell them to stop sales and ship rifles back. This would have been the best way to deal with it. Oh well. Sig is being responsive, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

^^^^^^^^^^
This would be the right course of action ...
I know that at GM, if there is a safety recall that applies to vehicles in stock there is a stop-sell GM send out and dealers can't sell it until its fixed ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post