SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Found my .270's twin: Rem 700 BDL .30-06 (finished, and off to the range)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found my .270's twin: Rem 700 BDL .30-06 (finished, and off to the range) Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The Twins project is done. Added scopes I've really come to respect - Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40s. I've owned a lot of Burriss and the E1 series are fantastic. My 4th and 5th E1s respectively. In Warne QD mounts on Warne Maxima steel bases.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
New old stock.

Beautiful setups!!!

I found this 1988 vintage almost "New old stock" Model 700 Classic in .35 Whelen a few years ago and it's my "Go to" hunting rifle for big game. It's a great shooter and all the necessary power for anything on the continent. I've taken multiple moose, elk, deer, and wild pigs with it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
That's gorgeous, Pulicords. I don't need a .35 Whelen, but I find myself pursuing Gunbroker for one every few days. I'm afraid I am going to make an impulse buy if I see one i like.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post