SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion factory sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion factory sights Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Just ordered a CZ Scorpion pistol with the 4 inch barrel and folding pistol brace. Apparently these come with Magpul sights now (yuck).

Does anyone know where to find the factory CZ iron sights for these pistols? I'm having a terrible time finding them for sale.

I bought a bunch of mags, and the right side safety delete so far. Looking forward to running this thing with irons for the first year or two...

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
bubba, I just saw a pair for sale over at arf.com for $70 but I went and looked and couldn't find them. I bet you could post a WTB over there and get a few hits.

Congrats on the Scorpion, I just got one for Christmas and I finally got everything mounted up on it.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Bubba I know of a guy on another forum who had a set. I pm'd him to ask if he still had them. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8529 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a new CZ today and it had the traditional CZ sights and not magpul FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’d like to know the best red dot to work with the factory sights!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I realize the Scorpion isn’t a precision target gun, but I put in this trigger upgrade from HB Industries. It was low cost, not terribly difficult & took nearly half the weight off the pull.

https://hbindustries.net/store...-trigger-spring-kit/

Just an idea for owners, great reviews.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I ordered the right side safety delete and some mags.

I'll run the factory grip for a while before I decide if I need to swap it out or not.

I wont touch the trigger until I have a few thousand rounds down range, and even then, I probably still wont touch the trigger. I LIKE a heavy, reliable trigger. I actually like the Smith Sigma SD9VE 9 pound trigger and the 10-12 pound trigger on my Beretta CX4 storm carbine. I think heavy triggers are ideal for defensive weapons. Only need to double tap a bad guy in the chest... these are not sniper rifles. Plus I read reviews on that trigger spring kit and some guys are having light strikes and others issues.

The gun will be here Tuesday... pretty excited.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I realize the Scorpion isn’t a precision target gun, but I put in this trigger upgrade from HB Industries. It was low cost, not terribly difficult & took nearly half the weight off the pull.

https://hbindustries.net/store...-trigger-spring-kit/

Just an idea for owners, great reviews.

Get a flat trigger for it also at the same time. And the AK safety for right, safety delete for the left, duck bill mag release and oversized charging handle. Someone had a thread on it a while back (few years ago). I made a list and posted it on here. New pistol grip too. F’in thing is awesome man.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I scored a pair off of Broke-Gunner a while back for like $90.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
I scored a pair off of Broke-Gunner a while back for like $90.

When I'm looking for an uncommon item I'll build a search, save it and get an email when one gets listed. That way I don't go insane searching everywhere every day ... at least on that site.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I just put 200 rounds down range in my new Scorpion micro pistol with SB tactical brace. No jams, no issues.

The factory Magpul MBUS sights are trash on this gun and were way off. Like way. I had to screw the front sight post all the way down and move the rear windage over about 15 clicks. I'll continue looking for a better sight system.

Factory black window CZ mags, Magpul PMAGS, and PSA AKV mags used, all worked perfect.

I shot the CZ side by side with a 16" Colt 9MM carbine, and the CZ was drastically louder with its 4 inch barrel vs the 16 barrel on the Colt 9MM carbine.

This CZ is a SWEET little carbine and I can see why these guns are so popular. Very cool little gun.

posted Hide Post
Very odd that yours had magpuls. I've personally seen 6 new Scorpions at my local LGS recently and they all had the traditional CZ factory sights. I wonder what determines what you get.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Very odd that yours had magpuls. I've personally seen 6 new Scorpions at my local LGS recently and they all had the traditional CZ factory sights. I wonder what determines what you get.

Guns produced/assembled in the U.S. have magpuls, guns imported as whole guns from CZUB (basically only 7.75" barrel with flash hider pistol versions come in as complete guns) have the CZ sights. At least that's what it was last I checked.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Bubbatime, email me (addy in profile). I have some I'll send you.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post