SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who out there is still shooting M-14's?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who out there is still shooting M-14's? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Scout Squad.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I like it ArtieS is zero turning outside the wire!

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
I bought this in 83, had to get a loan as I was just a young man. It wears a LAW483 E2 stock, all NM.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded M1A, great rifle

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
^^^^^ I like it ArtieS is zero turning outside the wire!

Got to keep a clear field of fire

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 here. Two SAIs and an LRB.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I've got six completed M1A's/M-14's and three that are "under construction". Think I'll quite at nine(9)...;-)

Most are LRB builds and a Bula or two...gunsmithed by TonyBen,LLC. Better known here as benny6.

Wes

Wes

Posts: 2424 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Where is Benny??

Doesn’t a light go off over his bed when a M14 thread is posted?

Damn bulb burnt out! Gotta get that fixed! Wink

Here's Wes with the rear-lugged Bula/Kreiger I built for him. This was the one I shot a 0.8" group with iron sights.

This is my LRB with a Bula medium weight barrel in a Blackfeather...

This is Wes' Bula XM21 with a Kreiger dropped into a SAGE.

My Custom built SOCOM with a Bula receiver, GI parts, a carbon/graphite/kevlar stock and a Sadlak titanium airborne mount and Vortex Razor HD.

And lastly, my LRB/Lothar-Walther heavy barrel/JAE that Wes named "The Walther Wonder."

I built this one for a soldier that wanted something close to what he carried in Iraq.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Nice rifles, to say the least. I can't wait until you get the M3A McMillan done. It's going to be a real tack driver...not that ALL your rifles are tack drivers...

Builds pending:

McMillan M3A

All NIW Springfield Armory/LRB Reciever (The PFC Special)

McMillan M2A. Gotcha! Didn't know about that one yet, did you?

Wes

Posts: 2424 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Another?! Okay then! Smile

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I have a like new, ART II scope that I want to build a vietnam era M21 tribute eventually.

Need to find a GI fiberglass stock and a mount and get serious on this.

I have a 1966 tribute M40 that Remington released a few years ago to place along side it. Have a retro green Redfield on it.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK Ag,

Sweet...I'd love to have an M40 to go with my other rifles. I'm jealous of your ART II scope. Always looked at having one, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Wes

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
I have a like new, ART II scope that I want to build a vietnam era M21 tribute eventually.

Need to find a GI fiberglass stock and a mount and get serious on this.

I have a 1966 tribute M40 that Remington released a few years ago to place along side it. Have a retro green Redfield on it.

HK Ag

you need an ART TEL or one of the early Redfields w/ the tombstone rangefinders for VN,

ART II were much later

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
It's been awhile since I have pulled this one out of the safe. When I do I am always impressed with it. Need to get back out and give it some love.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
I am super hyped, just ordered my first M1A.

I went with the standard because I enjoy iron sites and don't need to get close to MOA. Just wanted a great shooter. It shipped Friday so needless to say I am excited to have it in a few days and already have 3 20 round check mate mags loaded up.

Posts: 1655 | Location: Steel City USA | Registered: October 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwilli:

Nice wood.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post