SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Is there an AR chamber flag that extracts...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there an AR chamber flag that extracts... Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted
via the charging handle & cycling the bolt?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
The Hornady Rapid Rack is grabbed by the extractor and will pop out if you use the charging handle or use the device itself as a charging handle.

Edit: $10 at Midway
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...or-flag-aluminum-red

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting question and timing is everything. I shot my first 2 gun match just the other week and commented that I needed 3 hands to insert/remove the chamber flag while holding the bolt open, resting the butt on my hip and working the slide catch on a AR.

Our RO’s have a pretty good drill down where they can catch the ejected round with one hand while simultaneously inserting the chamber flag while the shooter holds the bolt open and holds the flag in place while the shooter slowly closes the bolt all in one fluid motion. It’s a thing of teamwork beauty when it works.

I definitely have this on my wish list at Midway.

Thanks for posting this.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rustpot. That's even better than I'd imagined.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post