SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone with a CZ Scorpion in the Micro/K configuration?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone with a CZ Scorpion in the Micro/K configuration? Login/Join 
A man of few words
posted
I've had my Scorpion SBR for about a year or so now. I'm thinking about changing it up to the HBI K barrel (5.3" with a 3 lug)/short handguard and going to a 3 lug mount on my can (Omega 9k). My main concern is the short handguard. I'm 6'3" and have pretty long arms. I'd like to hear from someone who has been able to spend time using one before I pull the trigger on it.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’ve done exactly this.

Kind of a crummy picture I apologize, but you get the idea.

The original Octane 3 lug adaptor seen here adds considerable length to the can. The one I have on my Obsidian and the newer style Octane adaptor are internal and add no length. I’m not 6’3” (wish I was) more like 5’10”, but even then it’s a little tight even with the stock fully extended. Not uncomfortable, but it could be more comfortable. However, this was purpose built to be as short as possible and i have accepted it for what it is.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
I’ve done exactly this.

Kind of a crummy picture I apologize, but you get the idea.

The original Octane 3 lug adaptor seen here adds considerable length to the can. The one I have on my Obsidian and the newer style Octane adaptor are internal and add no length. I’m not 6’3” (wish I was) more like 5’10”, but even then it’s a little tight even with the stock fully extended. Not uncomfortable, but it could be more comfortable. However, this was purpose built to be as short as possible and i have accepted it for what it is.

Thanks for the insight. Having something that short with a can on it is an appealing thought, and now that I think about it I had no issues with my buddy's Uzi Pro SBR being too small. Even with the K barrel/short handguard my Scorpion would have a lot more length on it than that rifle did.

Now I just have to see when HBI will have the Gen 1 barrels back in stock.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post