SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    5 lbs. 12.5 oz. I’m done. Updated...( bad pics added.)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5 lbs. 12.5 oz. I’m done. Updated...( bad pics added.) Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Sorry, no pics yet but I will post them soon.

Sig M400/516 Ambi lower
BADA.S.S Ambi safety
Larue MBT trigger
Magpul Buttstock
Magpul grip

Bear creek LH side charging upper and BCG
Faxon 14.5” midlength shooter profile.
Midwest industries G3 MLok 12.65” foregrip

My goal was to stay under 6 lbs. There is more weight to save if the goal is an ultra lightweight, but I wanted it left handed, 200 yard accurate, and reliable.

I think I’m going with Holosun 510c. With 20 round Pmag I should be under 7 lbs total.

The Faxon barrel has a permanent pinned and welded brake that is .620 in diameter. The .625 gas block fits over it so the normal problems of a pinned device are gone.

I plan on using the same formula except barrel for a pistol build, later to be a suppressed SBR.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smithnsig,

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
What's that thing we always say about posts like this?

Oh yeah ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Ok it’s actually 5lbs. 12.5 oz. I didn’t have the side charger handle and the t handle in it. (It’s actually a dual charger)

What pic hosting site are people using now? I haven’t posted pics since photobucket started charging.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
https://postimages.org/

Easy peasy...even I figured it out. Wink

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
https://postimages.org/

Easy peasy...even I figured it out. Wink

That's what I use as well but there are others

The nice thing about postimg (besides being free) is that you can upload and get a link that you can post images anonymously or you can create an account set up different folders ect, much like photobucket.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post

I'll get some better pics but these will have to do for now. I'm in the middle of moving and building a new house.

TCB all the time...

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
What are your thoughts on the Faxon barrel?

Looking down the road and that length/profile is one of the routes I'm contemplating for finishing my fiancee's AR.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Looking down the road and that length/profile is one of the routes I'm contemplating for finishing my fiancee's AR.

Have yet to shoot it. I’ll update when I do. As far as fit and finish it’s great.

TCB all the time...

Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I have a faxon barrel on a build. It does about 2in at 100yds with steel ammo. Pretty ok in my opinion.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Ok. Got to shoot it today finally. First things first. I was only shooting at 50 yards, I put a 3x prismatic on it juSt to shoot it. I’ll be putting a holographic sight on it but I don’t have it yet. The upper is a left hand dual charging upper. It worked well and I had no lug issues. I confirmed with Faxon that they use Ambi barrel extensions. Lockup was solid and had no issues unlocking.

Once I zeroed it I started shooting for groups. 1.5” at 50 yards. The optic has a largish reticle center so I thought that was pretty good.

So I loaded up some mags and shot 90 rounds. Not mag dumps, but about 1 per 2 seconds. Enough to get the barrel pretty warm. The groups stayed really tight. I was on bags and it has a Larue MBT so shooting was a breeze.

Only a couple of hundred rounds so far but it shot great.

Also, I got the .625 gas block and midlength gas tube from Faxon. It fit, easy to install and had no issues.

TCB all the time...