SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Supressed 556/300 Blkout SBR/Pistol for home defense, which would be better and why
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supressed 556/300 Blkout SBR/Pistol for home defense, which would be better and why Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I have an 11.5" BCM SBR that I run a Sandman L on.

You mean you have a 20in SBR Big Grin

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Thank you, WARPIG602, I will have to try some of that.

How many rounds do you typically use for your testing?

Considering how expensive the ammunition is, I’ll probably start with one box to measure the velocity, ensure that it’s stable from my T/C Contender barrel, and check the sound level with suppressor. All that can be accomplished with the 20 rounds.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I have an 11.5" BCM SBR that I run a Sandman L on.

You mean you have a 20in SBR Big Grin

I'm working on that Warpig. I couldn't let you be the only kid on the block with a Sandman K. I also have an 8.5" 300 BLK BCM upper as well. I'm really liking the new suppressors Dead Air released.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thank you, WARPIG602, I will have to try some of that.

How many rounds do you typically use for your testing?

Considering how expensive the ammunition is, I’ll probably start with one box to measure the velocity, ensure that it’s stable from my T/C Contender barrel, and check the sound level with suppressor. All that can be accomplished with the 20 rounds.

If you reload, they publish all their data on the site. that's the route I'm taking for testing/function.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I think from a pure performance perspective considering HD with a short barrel it's pretty clear 300BO is "better" as in quieter with better ballistics.

The question is does the increased cost, lesser abundnece of ammo etc make it worth the trade off to YOU.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you reload ....

I have everything I need to handload 300 Blackout—except the ambition and the “round to-it.” Wink

I ordered a box of the 170 grain “Controlled Fracturing” load and am eager to learn how it will perform. Again, I appreciate the link. Not only is the ammunition much different from the normal fare, their shipping charge couldn’t be more reasonable.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post