SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt to sell AR's to civilians again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt to sell AR's to civilians again Login/Join 
Questions = Harassment
posted
Came across this, maybe its old news, maybe its fake news.

https://warisboring.com/colt-r...vilian-market-again/

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, it's real news. One online vendor even has uppers (less BCG) in stock. The story is that they finally got caught up on their other contracts, the conspiracy theory is that the heat of the current market outweighed the depth of the company's PC.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Local shop in KY had two for sale for $1,100 each and both are now sold. They were complete guns.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Colt management is more fickle than a woman, and just as confused.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Sales are at a record pace and Colt figures they can make some quick $$$. Wouldn't be surprised if they jacked up their prices in a huge way either.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is relatively smart thinking by Colt. There's money in the platform now, why not release some guns? Dealer cost is higher than it was before.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if Colt will be selling upper assemblies again or just complete rifles?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Anyone know if Colt will be selling upper assemblies again or just complete rifles?

Brownells had 6920CK (conversion kits), complete uppers with BCG / CH, just last week.

I've seen them other places as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
They really are fickle. Back & forth it seems. I guess during a glut it’s easy, now time to make some $$.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
6933 uppers in stock now at Brownells. Good price.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
This doesn't really have an effect on me, but I am curious to see how all those hoplophobes, who months back were creaming their jeans at some imaginary victory they scored when Colt stopped selling ARs to civilians, are doing now.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nothing. It won't be on every news site, so they won't know.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
What reason did Colt give for stopping in the first place?

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:

They said to catch up on contract but the real reason was pandering to the anti gunners. Then the buying spree of 2020 happened and they want to get in on it.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In September 2019 Colt said they would temporarily suspend making rifles for commercial sale because they need to use all their capacity to fulfill sales contracts to the US Military and foreign militaries. At that time they had just received a $42 million contract for M4 and M4A1s. Contrary to what people claim Colt is still selling a ton of rifles to military and LEO. It was very clear that once those contracts were filled they would resume commercial production. Some people can't accept the fact that Colt rifles are still in demand so they accuse them of political correctness or selling out to Democrats, etc. Or they go for the double back flip and tie it all together and say Colt is selling out to the anti-gun Dems in order to get government contracts!

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
They said to catch up on contract but the real reason was pandering to the anti gunners. Then the buying spree of 2020 happened and they want to get in on it.
Once a whore, always a whore

Colt: "I'm retired. I found religion."

Former customer: "I'll give you ten dollars more than usual."

Colt: (lays back, spreads legs)

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
LE6920s selling for $1800 at Grabagun. No thanks.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So glad I bought a new factory 6933 sbr two years ago for $850.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
In September 2019 Colt said they would temporarily suspend making rifles for commercial sale because they need to use all their capacity to fulfill sales contracts to the US Military and foreign militaries. At that time they had just received a $42 million contract for M4 and M4A1s. Contrary to what people claim Colt is still selling a ton of rifles to military and LEO. It was very clear that once those contracts were filled they would resume commercial production. Some people can't accept the fact that Colt rifles are still in demand so they accuse them of political correctness or selling out to Democrats, etc. Or they go for the double back flip and tie it all together and say Colt is selling out to the anti-gun Dems in order to get government contracts!

^^^This

Colt AR's, as well as those from ALL other manufacturers were sitting on shelves gathering dust during that time frame, and HUGE discounts were the only thing that was moving AR's at all. The AR market had never been softer....Ever! The all too common refrain that Colt was pandering to the 'Anti 2A Leftist Crowd' is utter BullShit! Seriously, Colt could give Two Fucks about what the Anti Gunners think! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Seriously, Colt could give Two Fucks about what the Anti Gunners think! Roll Eyes
That may be true now (and I don't necessarily believe this is so) but if I said "Blue Label", what does that mean to you? Perhaps not now (and, again, I'm not so sure) but in the early 1990s Colt first ceased civilian sales of ARs altogether, then brought them back with silly changes to the rifle (receiver block, oversized hammer and trigger pins, no bayonet lug, no collapsible stock).