SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anybody have experience with Tommy Built T36/ HK G36 clone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have experience with Tommy Built T36/ HK G36 clone? Login/Join 
posted
Anybody have experience with any of the Tommy Built T36/ HK G36 clones. I've seen several video's on you tube and I am very curious and considering purchasing one. Any thoughts, pictures or experience's with a actual T36 would be appreciated.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a full conversion, but he did a GREAT job filling in the hole under the ejection port on the model I used to own. I can’t speak to the rear receiver surgery he does personally, but from my experience and every owner that has had him work on their rifles he is worth every penny he charges. Outside of HK, he seems to be one of the most experienced smiths on the G36 series.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Creeping_Death

He's making full on made in the USA G36 copies now.
With his markings calling them the T36. T36C compact with a 9" barrel, T36K with 13" barrel and a T36 with 16" barrel. Here's his website.
https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable

Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
Looks like he's got a lot of cool stuff on his site that he seems to fab up on his own. He should take a stab at the MP7! Big Grin Smile

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Have a K build and C build. Good to go. Tom is great to work with. Email him if you have specific requests.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3580 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
He should take a stab at the MP7! Big Grin Smile

Folks (myself included) have been on him about that for years. Hope it'll happen one day. I think hes planning on doing up Xm8 receivers next.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3580 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A T36C SBR will be in my future when the money tree starts producing!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I HATE THIS FORUM!! I just put down the money with JDI to finally get my Sig 552 LB and get it all set up to start the SBR process on my grail rifle, WHEN I SEE THIS, my other heart's love: a(n?) SBR G36.

RRRRAAAAGGGEEEE!!!!!

And, I suppose to be honest, love and lust in more or less equal amounts. But 1% more rage at this moment so screw you all.

At least you all didn't compound it by posting pics to lust over.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
For you guys thinking SBR, consider this brace option Tom offers. I SBR a lot of stuff but I don't think I will with this one. The options as a pistol are excellent. It's C stock length and solid

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I think hes planning on doing up Xm8 receivers next.

WTH would he do XM8 receivers, nobody wanted XM8's when HK made 'em, why would they want 'em now...

Maybe the new US Space Force will buy some. LOL Big Grin

If he made an MP7 clone in 5.7x28mm, he'd be printing money.

Sorry, back to the G36....

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I think hes planning on doing up Xm8 receivers next.

WTH would he do XM8 receivers, nobody wanted XM8's when HK made 'em, why would they want 'em now...

Maybe the new US Space Force will buy some. LOL Big Grin

If he made an MP7 clone in 5.7x28mm, he'd be printing money.

Sorry, back to the G36....

He already produces an XM8 conversion kit, but the T36 receivers aren't right for it. I'd probably get one for shits and gigs. Space force and all that

I'd do some things for an MP7

posted Hide Post
Andyb

If you could have only 1 T36 which would you prefer? How accurate it the C model? Have you suppressed either model? Are there and advantages to the K model?

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable

Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
A little late to the party but I owned one of his G36 conversions for many years. Outstanding rifle and great workmanship. He has an outstanding reputation on the HKForum.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post