SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Vortex Optics UH-1 (HWS) Finally Shipping!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Optics UH-1 (HWS) Finally Shipping! Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
I wonder what the battery life with a regular CR123 will be?

They don't have it on the product page, but a Vortex rep that hangs out on arfcom claims about 1500 hours with a CR123. That's about six months if you left it on constantly. But it does have a 15-hour auto-shutoff, IIRC.

quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Hopefully the UH-1 has improved battery life over an EoTech. If it does it might be a winner.....dj

I'd recommend holding off for a bit. Much teething pains.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1500hrs with a CR123 on medium settings and about 600hrs with a rechargeable. I ordered a couple to play with. I figured if nothing else I could leave a rechargeable one hooked up on my indoor ready guns LOL.

We'll see how well they work, they look pretty promising IMO and being backed up by a super solid warrantee made it a more sensible decision for me. I probably wouldn't have tried one if it wasn't a company that was great about addressing any issues and I very much like that they are American made. I want to support American made whenever possible..........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post