SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Can a shotgun become a "firearm"?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can a shotgun become a "firearm"? Login/Join 
posted
I believe a "rifle" cannot be made into a "pistol", only a SBR with a $200 tax stamp.

Can a "shotgun" receiver be made into a "firearm" like a Shockwave if it meets all the specs (smooth bore, over 26" overall length) with parts from a Shockwave?

Bruce

"I cannot spare this man. He fights!"
-Abraham Lincoln

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."
-PJ O'Rourke
“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Posts: 3408 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1147 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, so if it has ever had a buttstock attached to it, it can never become a firearm and it will always be a shotgun. Barrels under 18" will need a stamp.

I will get on that since the wait is only 9 months, now Smile

Bruce

"I cannot spare this man. He fights!"
-Abraham Lincoln

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."
-PJ O'Rourke
“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Posts: 3408 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post