SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Group therapy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Group therapy Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted
I was going to update my old post but I guess it's archived or whatever, dang.

Haven't gotten out to the 300 yard line since last November and I had a good morning. It's as far as I can do locally and have tried to do it once a week going back to at least 2005 when I got this Savage 10fp .223.

I usually shoot 10rds consecutively. 68gr bthp and 3" orange dot for size reference.

Here is the rifle.

I also put together a .22 trainer to get more trigger time. Got a Savage Mark ll TR with Vortex PST 2.5-10 mrad reticle. With the Burris signatature inserts I can adjust out to 300 yards comfortably. Second time out to 300 with it today, have done a bunch of 100-200 with it. It loves Aguila Super Extra high velocity and I only needed 11.5 mils to get on target. Today I used my 12x20" pistol silhouette steel it sings nice and loud with 22. When the wind was calm I could pepper the center of the target with little effort. So much fun.

Here is the .22

Some of the most fun I have with guns anymore is stuff like this. I just wish I had access to 500+ but that's where the 22 helps to make up for it. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jus228,

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to try my hand at distances greater than 100 yards.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post