SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need advice mounting radian safety on M and P 15 22 Assistance needed thanks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice mounting radian safety on M and P 15 22 Assistance needed thanks Login/Join 
posted
I pretty new to the AR platform. I am right handed but cross dominant so I shoot rifles on my left shoulder. I have a 22 caliber M & P sport which has the 10" M & P slim handguard with M-LOK. I read the thread on slings, but wanted to be sure I ordered something suitable for my use.

I will be shooting a right handed rifle and want to be sure I do not block the ejection port.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ZSMICHAEL,

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Get any sling swivel or QD attachment that fits the MLOK rail and your preferred setup. I'd suggest staying closer to the receiver to avoid flexing the handguard.

Using a sling as a lefty doesn't give me any issues blocking the ejection port. Unless you're trying to shoot with the sling stowed against the rifle, that gets a little more complicated.

For the most part there's not too much different shooting the AR lefty. The 15-22 is very close in mimicking the AR, but it's not perfect.

I'd suggest the Radian 15-22 set that has a Talon and Raptor for a high quality upgrade on controls. An ambi charging handle and safety are my two must-haves as a lefty, with the mag catch coming in third. The 15-22 does not use standard safeties or charging handles, but the stock safety can be swapped to the opposite side of the rifle for left-handed use.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks have ordered the Raptor upgrade.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd suggest the Radian 15-22 set that has a Talon and Raptor for a high quality upgrade on controls. An ambi charging handle and safety are my two must-haves as a lefty, with the mag catch coming in third. The 15-22 does not use standard safeties or charging handles, but the stock safety can be swapped to the opposite side of the rifle for left-handed use.

^^^^
The Radian set arrived. I am trying to install the safety. It included two safety levers, and a cylinder only. The Youtube videos show a tool, spring are needed. Are they expecting me to use the spring on the existing safety to install and find an Allen wrench to use as a tool?? Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks

posted Hide Post
I solved the problem, the springs and lever were hidden in the packaging in the tiny plastic pack. My gunsmith thought they did not include a whole kit, picked up the packet and it fell out. I got it setup for left handed shooting.