SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sako TRG-22, need your opinions and expertise
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako TRG-22, need your opinions and expertise Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Who else is pissed off that Sako engineered Tikka mags just enough that they wouldn't fit in the TRG-22 at half the price? Sako TRG-22 mags work perfectly in a Tikka Tac A1 but not vice-versa.....

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Who else is pissed off that Sako engineered Tikka mags just enough that they wouldn't fit in the TRG-22 at half the price? Sako TRG-22 mags work perfectly in a Tikka Tac A1 but not vice-versa.....

That's dirty pool! Sounds like something HK would do.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not irritated by the ctr deal anywhere near as much as I am the insane price of the TRG mag to begin with. Arguably an AI mag would be the same sort of product, low volume production of a very high quality metal mag. And an AI OEM mag is 40-50% less in cost. Never mind that there are plastic AI ones that are 20% of the cost of the metal AI mag.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pepsiblue:
I just checked the website, and they do have a bunch of stuff on sale, but no TOG magazines sadly!

The $20 off a purchase over $100 would apply to the TRG magazines. Not much considering the full price, but perhaps better than a poke in the eye. (Current coupon: USA20).

I would expect some greater discounts closer to Thanksgiving, and they have usually applied to TRG mags.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to keep in mind when shopping at Beretta with codes for TRG mags is that the mags are generally available from other sellers for less than Beretta. Typically like $180 ish. When Beretta beats that then I'm a buyer with them as the source. Sometimes oddly they are way cheaper than that.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
You have to keep in mind when shopping at Beretta with codes for TRG mags is that the mags are generally available from other sellers for less than Beretta.

Thanks for the reminder.
I just checked and both EuroOptic and Midwest Gun Works has them for $179 which is virtually the same price as Beretta gets with their occasional max discount of 30% off.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With as many Tikka CTR's, Tac A'1s plus all the TRG
s out there it sure seems like somebody like Accurate Mags could sell a lot of replacement Mags if they would just make one that fit both! Hint Hint

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post