SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Savage Rascal, Scope recommendations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Rascal, Scope recommendations? Login/Join 
Picture of 45_Auto
posted
I purchased a Savage Rascal 22 for my 7 year old Grandson last Christmas, and he loves shooting it.
I would like to surprise him with a scope, has any member done this? If so what do you think would be the best (not expensive) scope for his rifle?
Any input is welcome.
Thanks-

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I got one of these for my M&P 15-22 and I like it so far.

Nikon ProStaff Rimfire

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about a mini red dot like the Holosun 403A? It’s inexpensive, lightweight and will be plenty of optic for the Rascal.

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
For a child a normal scope is mounted in outer space. My son had to get his head off the rifle to see through the optic. This was with low rings. I ended up building him a 10/22 instead.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I'll second the red dot, its much more forgiving of head/eye placement. If youre set on a scope, Nikon Prostaff, Leupold VX1 or Burris Fullfield II would be the top 3 on my list for budget scoeps.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post