Binary Triggers?
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Little to no practical application.

Bingo

little is right,

however,, a buddy just bought one to see if he can modify it to work in his MG42 semi,,

it has the modified trigger assy that uses AR parts,

he's hoping it works so he can run his with blanks and the BFA in reenactor events,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

March 20, 2021, 07:30 PM
DamageInc
I think that money is far better spent on a good single stage trigger with a short reset, such as Rise Armament. For around 1/3 the price of a binary trigger, it will be nearly as fast and more reliable, without any worries about future problems from the ATF. If they went after bump stocks, it's only a matter of time before binary triggers are outlawed with an unconstitutional stroke of the pen.
March 20, 2021, 08:45 PM
1s1k
I think the people complaining about practicality and cost are missing the point completely with these. Read how many people are talking about the smile they put on your face. That's what they are about.

I do have one question for those that have them. Some ranges don't even like people to double tap so have you run into any problems at ranges or do you have private property that you can use them at.
March 20, 2021, 09:00 PM
DamageInc
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I think the people complaining about practicality and cost are missing the point completely with these. Read how many people are talking about the smile they put on your face. That's what they are about.

I do have one question for those that have them. Some ranges don't even like people to double tap so have you run into any problems at ranges or do you have private property that you can use them at.

Nope. Put a skilled shooter on each one (a binary, and a good single stage with short reset), and see how long it takes to dump a 30 round mag. I think you will be surprised.

If you use a single stage with longer reset, or a two-stage, then the binary will be much faster, IF you can keep the timing down and don't have any failures to fire. That last part is a lot more difficult than you might expect.
March 20, 2021, 10:09 PM
1s1k
quote:
Originally posted by DamageInc:
quote:

Nope. Put a skilled shooter on each one (a binary, and a good single stage with short reset), and see how long it takes to dump a 30 round mag. I think you will be surprised.

If you use a single stage with longer reset, or a two-stage, then the binary will be much faster, IF you can keep the timing down and don't have any failures to fire. That last part is a lot more difficult than you might expect.
Still missing the point. It's about the smiles.
March 21, 2021, 07:01 PM
kimberkid
I’ve got the Fostech EchoII and the Franklin Armory in a couple AR’s, they both have their quirks but both work pretty well ... I’ve got one in my MP-5 clone and one in my Scorpion EVO ... It sounds like I need one for a 10/22!

I haven’t played with any of them in a while, but the MP-5 is my favorite, I’ve actually considered selling my registered sear, but ... naw. The Scorpion would be more fun if the bolt carrier wasn’t so fricken heavy.

One thing to be aware of is that it does require considerable practice to mimic full-otto.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
March 21, 2021, 07:08 PM
kimberkid
quote:

Nailed it!
How many people go out and buy machine guns because they are practical? If you want to be practical, this is not the trigger for you.

I will add, the Franklin Trigger in both my MP5 & Scorpion is much better in single round fire than the factory triggers.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
March 27, 2021, 10:33 AM
DamageInc
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DamageInc:
quote:

Still missing the point. It's about the smiles.

Not missing any point. Malfunctions don't make me smile, and binary triggers tend to have a lot of them. I have a 50-round drum for my AR .22, and the ONLY reason why it has a single stage (a model specifically chosen for it's short reset) instead of a binary trigger, is that it runs 100%. If the binary has even one malfunction, I can empty that drum faster with the standard trigger. If you want one, go ahead and spend your money. I won't knock anyone for buying them. If someone builds one that is as reliable as a standard trigger, I will buy it.
April 10, 2021, 10:40 PM
Lefty Sig
I have a couple of the Franklin Armory 10/22 triggers. They are fun, more fun than pulling a trigger twice, but that's an opinion. I like the ambi 3-way selector way more than the normal crossbolt. I also have one for my SP5 that fits perfectly in a Magpul MP5 lower housing, so I can swap the factory lower/trigger back in easily. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

It's not about mimicking Full Auto and dumping mags, more like 2-round burst or fast double taps.
April 11, 2021, 08:23 AM
pedropcola
I’ve never been able to get past the inability to “reasonably” safe a weapon after shooting one shot only. Holding the trigger to the rear while applying the safety is against all my muscle memory. Of course it can be done safely but it’s awkward and very likely to be unsafe if you needed to go cold immediately. Especially with that nephew who isn’t really a gun guy but likes going fast. So, I’m a no.

Tannerite is fun too but in a similar but not a good way idea either. Giggles are great. ND’s not so much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,
April 11, 2021, 03:29 PM
Lefty Sig
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I’ve never been able to get past the inability to “reasonably” safe a weapon after shooting one shot only. Holding the trigger to the rear while applying the safety is against all my muscle memory. Of course it can be done safely but it’s awkward and very likely to be unsafe if you needed to go cold immediately. Especially with that nephew who isn’t really a gun guy but likes going fast. So, I’m a no.

Tannerite is fun too but in a similar but not a good way idea either. Giggles are great. ND’s not so much.

Not sure why people think this is such a big deal. If you want to shoot controlled single shots, shoot semi-auto. If you want to shoot fast doubles, shoot binary. It is no less "safe" than an M16A2 with Safe-Semi-Burst. In burst mode you always get three rounds. Don't use burst unless you intend to fire 3 rounds.

But yes you can go to "safe" while holding the trigger back to prevent the secondary firing.