SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tavor X95 barrel replacement possible?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tavor X95 barrel replacement possible? Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted
Just a weekend question. For those in the know, can an 18' Tavor X95 barrel be replaced with a 16" barrel? IIRC the gun is modular and parts are replaceable? Thanks

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1367 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, they even make a 16.5” barrel conversion kit.

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-x...-16-barrel-bolt-kit/

They also make .300BO and 9mm conversions.

Posts: 3324 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's very easy.

I suggest getting the barrel tool from Tavor. It's cheap and helps alot.

Youtube how to do it.

When unlocking the little lever, keep it all the way out so you don't gouge your polymer. Wonder how I know? I gouged my polymer.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
It's easy to do but do make sure you read the directions in your manual before you do it, it'll be very helpful. Also if you buy the replacement barrel from IWI it should come with a barrel tool so you don't need to buy another one.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s not a big deal. Get the tool on IWI’s website and make sure you remove the charging handle before you try to turn that key to release the barrel or you’ll bend the rod that links the charging handle to the bolt. It’s a pretty common fuck up that seems to happen often. Also if you don’t have the lightning bow trigger just get it and instal while you’re in there. It’s probably the best bang for your buck aftermarket part for the rifle

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that if your 18" X95 came with a flat butt plate, you will need to get the thicker one to stay over 26". Manticore Arms Curved Butt Plate

Posts: 705 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
A gas tube is about 10 dollars if I recall correctly, get one on the same order as the barrel and tool to save your self some shipping later!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raptor
posted Hide Post
Cheaper option is to have the barrel cut and threaded to 16.5". There's no need to modify the gas port when going from 18 to 16.5 (and in fact one IWI rep has said that the gas port is the same for 16.5 and the 13 inch barrels but I'm not sure on that). Some folks are concerned about damaging the barrel's chrome lining when cutting it back but I'm not aware of that being a problem.

Posts: 25 | Registered: October 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info. I think it might just be something I buy when I leave this ridicules California.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1367 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post