SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What Self Defense ammo for CZ Skorpion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Self Defense ammo for CZ Skorpion? Login/Join 
posted
Just wondering what you Skorpion owners are running in yours for self defense. My first did NOT like my normal 9x19 SD load (+P+ 127 Winchester LEO). I assumed it was just a bit too hot to be properly timed for a blowback operated weapon. What normal pressure hollow point ammo have you found that runs perfectly in your CZ?

Thanks for you responses!.........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Federal 147gr +P HST.

Pretty much all I use in my 9MMs these days.

Fired 50rds of it awhile back, it worked fine (along with 124gr +P HSTs).

None of my 9MMs really liked the 127gr +P+ Winnie load. My HK pistols shot it, but you could tell they didn't like it much. Just threw the feeling off in my P2000SK and P30, not just the recoil either, seemed to be going to fast to smoothly pick up the following rounds (although it did every time).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
the 127gr +P+ Winnie load.

My go to load for years. Finally had a hard time getting my hands on it and ended up in the GOld Dot/HST camp as it seemed to be readily available.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Mine does just fine with Federal HST 124 +P, which is my duty and personal carry ammo.

If you're wanting standard pressure, I'd go with Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST in 124 or 147.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post