SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Removed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Removed Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
For your viewing pleasure.... Cool

Mine came with the 20" Chrome-lined MG Barrel, and I decided to spring for the LMT 18" Stainless 5R Barrel as well.

I went with the Atlas Bipod (not pictured), but I can't afford the planned Niteforce ATACR optic & AADland mount just yet.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I don't typically keep the PVS on it but assuming its on the bipod with it mounted it's a heck of a setup.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I just started...

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Lots of LMT MWS love here.

https://www.m4carbine.net/show...s-show-us-your-setup

Wow, 250 Pages of LMT MWS love! Eek

I'll be in my bunk.... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Wow, 250 Pages of LMT MWS love! Eek

I'll be in my bunk.... Cool
Yeah they are serious about the MWS over there, TONS of info about caliber swaps, barrel dimpling, rail cut downs, SBRs, suppressing, etc, etc, etc.

Some great shooting videos and photos as well.

I came close to getting an MWS several times but it just never worked out - when I have the cash, the are OOS, when they are in stock, I pass or can't swing it.

posted Hide Post
I've been slowly piecing together one as well. Just have the MARS-H lower, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x FFP scope and Nightforce Unimount right now.

I have to say, I'm torn over whether to replace the LMT 2-stage trigger with a Geissele SSA-E. I think the LMT trigger, while heavier, compares favorably with the SSA. I don't think it'll hold a candle to the SSA-E but I haven't shot with an SSA-E before.

Posts: 36 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post
The 16" will be getting chopped to 14" with a P/W brake and dedicated can.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Uriah,

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uriah:
The 16" will be getting chopped to 14" with a P/W brake and dedicated can.

Is the lower one an 18” barrel with the Surefire brake? I was thinking of going with 18” barrel and Surefire brake.

Posts: 36 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post
Yes, 18" SS with a Surefire.

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28 | Location: east central FL | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
MWS is in the back

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got her yesterday.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Any spotted from their new facility in Eldridge, IA yet?

Both of the lower receivers I can see look to be from Milan, IL still.

I hope Sigmund sees this thread...he can add a few pics I’m sure.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not sure when they made the move but I just picked up two stripped LMT MARS lowers (one 308, one 5.56) and both are rollmarked Milan, IL.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

Both of the lower receivers I can see look to be from Milan, IL still.

I hope Sigmund sees this thread...he can add a few pics I’m sure.

No pix but here's some news: LMT's new IA-side manufacturing facility (with indoor range) is not open yet, they're planning an open house "soon" and I will share the date. LMT still does their test firing weekdays at the range in Milan IL, I just saw them there last week.

Since you asked, LMT will not create as many jobs in Eldridge IA as they had first said. This link has one exterior photo of the new plant:

https://qctimes.com/news/local...45-7063523628a6.html

Gun maker reduces number of expected new jobs at Eldridge facility

Jennifer DeWitt jdewitt@qctimes.com
Mar 18, 2019 Updated Mar 19, 2019

Lewis Machine & Tool will not hit the job growth it originally projected for its new facility in Eldridge, but instead plans to hire more highly-skilled workers at higher wages, a company representative said Monday night.

The gun maker, which will begin to relocate from its Milan headquarters in April, is requesting the Eldridge City Council amend its development agreement to update its job commitment.

"We won't get to 178 (employees) because we've grown in efficiencies," Matt Pruitt, Lewis Machine's sales and marketing director, told the council at its meeting. "We want to hire higher-paying jobs, we just don't need as many."

He could not say how many skilled positions will be created, but said the company will add more jobs when it moves to Iowa. It also will relocate all of its 110 current employees to the new facility. "We all want the new building open," he said.

The company has requested to amend its agreement commitment from 178 jobs by 2020 to 50 full-time employees at a wage threshold of at least $18.74 per hour. Pruitt said the new jobs are at greater wages than previously estimated.

Pruitt said the state required either a commitment of 178 jobs or 50 higher-paying jobs. "We're trading it for wages," he said after the meeting.

"We have better machines and we need better talent to use those machines," he said. Pruitt also said there will be more need for CNC and lathe operators as opposed to general labor workers.

Eldridge City Administrator John Dowd told the council that the city's agreement mirrors the language of Lewis Machine's agreement with the state. "The 178 (employee) number is not critical for them to receive the incentives," he said, adding that the state's requirement is for 50 new jobs to qualify for tax benefits.

"In our TIF policy, 25 (jobs) is the threshold, so it qualifies for that matter," he said of the proposed amendment.

But at Mayor Marty O'Boyle's suggestion, the council voted unanimously to send the request back to the city's economic development committee for review before voting on the amendment.

"This took us off-guard," he said, adding that the city had expected 178 employees, including the current workforce and additional hires. "Now we're not hearing that many people."

Lewis Machine received about $1 million in state and local incentives for the facility, which will include a production plant, offices, warehouse and its own firearms testing range.

Pruitt said the office will move into the new facility around April 15, but moving the manufacturing operations could take a couple months and needs to be coordinated with production. The building is located in the Eldridge Industrial Park.

In January, the gun maker announced it would bring a new $25 million contract to make 16,000 rifles for the Estonian Defence Forces to the new facility in the Eldridge Industrial Park. Estonia borders Russia and the Baltic Sea in northern Europe.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I had the DMR stock but went back to the SOPMOD. It just feels better with the SOPMOD to me.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by werd:
https://i.postimg.cc/fTMG15Cc/fullsizeoutput-12f3.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/fLm4Qr1K/fullsizeoutput-12f7.jpg
Marvin Pitts dimpled the barrel but it's still
heavy

Very nice, I wish the SLK was available when I purchased mine. I'd much rather have the SLK version.

Semper Fi

posted Hide Post
That stick is begging for an ATCAR 1-8 or 4-16, maybe an NX8 or or NXS of some variety