SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sling for 2-gun match ... ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sling for 2-gun match ... ? Login/Join 
posted
Hoping for some input - I'm a total "n00b" to this stuff.

I'm mainly a pistol guy, and have done a few IDPA matches...so I'm kinda familiar with the "format" of shooting competitions (just for fun). However, it's been 6-7 years.

Found out recently a friend has been doing 2-gun matches - Sounds like fun, and I wanna try one out.

I know I'll need a sling - What's recommended? I'd say relatively cheap, if possible...but willing to pay for quality.

I think I will need a hook for the front attachment (there's a loop cast in the gas block area, correct?). Assuming the recommendation is a 2-point sling (?).

Anyway, please guide me. Thank you.

- Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: orionS14,

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||

Posts: 411 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Blue Force Gear VCAS sling.

Use either a Mash Hook or HK-style Snap Hook for the front attachment.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

This or the VTAC sling from Viking Tactical. I use QD swivels, but the HK hooks are hard to beat and very durable. An added plus for both slings is the VCAS is a USMC issued item, so you know it's pretty much user proof. The VTAC was popular with a lot of Soldiers so it's durability is up there as well.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

My limited research pointed towards a "tactical 2 point" sling as the way to go - I appreciate the replies confirming that.

- Brian

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||

Posts: 411 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check this out Magpul MS1. Hard to beat the price and I like it better than the two aforementioned slings.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

If the enemy is in range, so are you...

Posts: 185 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Depending on the amount of moving you will do with the rifle slung, Tab Gear Biathlon sling is the bee's knees.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

This right here.

Blue Force Gear even has a Custom section on their site which allows you to configure a sling how you want/need:

https://www.blueforcegear.com/...ustom-sling-builders

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post