SIGforum
Sling for 2-gun match ... ?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1510077644

September 07, 2018, 02:35 PM
orionS14
Sling for 2-gun match ... ?
Hoping for some input - I'm a total "n00b" to this stuff.

I'm mainly a pistol guy, and have done a few IDPA matches...so I'm kinda familiar with the "format" of shooting competitions (just for fun). However, it's been 6-7 years.

Found out recently a friend has been doing 2-gun matches - Sounds like fun, and I wanna try one out.

I know I'll need a sling - What's recommended? I'd say relatively cheap, if possible...but willing to pay for quality.

I think I will need a hook for the front attachment (there's a loop cast in the gas block area, correct?). Assuming the recommendation is a 2-point sling (?).

Anyway, please guide me. Thank you.

- Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: orionS14,

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||
September 07, 2018, 02:47 PM
RogueJSK
Blue Force Gear VCAS sling.

Use either a Mash Hook or HK-style Snap Hook for the front attachment.
September 07, 2018, 03:48 PM
SgtGold
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

This or the VTAC sling from Viking Tactical. I use QD swivels, but the HK hooks are hard to beat and very durable. An added plus for both slings is the VCAS is a USMC issued item, so you know it's pretty much user proof. The VTAC was popular with a lot of Soldiers so it's durability is up there as well.

September 07, 2018, 07:58 PM
orionS14
Thanks, guys.

My limited research pointed towards a "tactical 2 point" sling as the way to go - I appreciate the replies confirming that.

- Brian

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||
September 07, 2018, 08:06 PM
Ambush
Check this out Magpul MS1. Hard to beat the price and I like it better than the two aforementioned slings.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

If the enemy is in range, so are you...
September 08, 2018, 11:30 PM
IndianaBoy
Depending on the amount of moving you will do with the rifle slung, Tab Gear Biathlon sling is the bee's knees.
September 09, 2018, 08:09 AM
ARMT Guy
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

This right here.

Blue Force Gear even has a Custom section on their site which allows you to configure a sling how you want/need:

https://www.blueforcegear.com/...ustom-sling-builders

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."