SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Yugo M70AB2 AK47 Underfolder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yugo M70AB2 AK47 Underfolder Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted
Anyone have one of these? I just picked one up. Have not shot it yet and not sure when I will get the opportunity. A couple of mandatory photos.

Along side my WASR 10/63 I’ve had for years.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple Yugo's and they are good AK's, you won't regret buying one.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't speak to that Yugo, but I've got a Polish underfolder that was built up from an import kit many years ago and it has always been good to go. I actually have a second kit in the safe that will get built up at some point as well. Yours is in great condition from the photos.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I have personally not had one, but have heard nothing but good things about them. Yours looks fantastic!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
If got one. It shoots fine. Probably one of the better AKs around.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I had one years ago, best thing I did was to wrap some para cord around the left side for when I placed my face against it.

Also notched the right side to keep the arm from putting the safety on safe...so that it could be fired with the folder collapsed.

Sold it to a friend after having it for a year or so.

Great rifle

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Cool. I don’t know when I’ll get to shoot it, but if I’m smart, I’ll wait till I lick the arthritis in my neck and shoulder. Haven’t shot a rifle since August because of that. I’ve wanted an underfolder for years and jumped at the opportunity to pick this one up. I do plan on wrapping some OD paracord around the left side of the stock

---------------
Gary

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I have one and wrapped para cord on,it still hurts my face to shoot it,would recommend one with a stock .

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have two Mitchell Arms imported Yugo AK's. One is an RPK model in 7.62x39 and the other is a big boy AK in 7.62x51. They are beautiful weapons with Teak wood and deep bluing. Not the usual rough looking AK imports that you see. These are quality pieces made with real pride.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I have an AB1 they very well built you will be happy with it.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one years ago and it was a solid shooter. The only thing that bothered me the most with trying to fire accurately, is getting a good cheek weld that doesn't hurt. I have seen some people put paracord on the stock arms which alleviates some of the issue. There is some compromise with it but without a doubt, it is a robust gun which will last a lifetime.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
What I didn't like about mine was that it didn't have a chrome lined bore.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
What I didn't like about mine was that it didn't have a chrome lined bore.

True, this gun does not have a chrome lined bore, but does that make a difference to a casual shooter? I’ve had my WASR for a good 10 years and only have a little more than 1500 rounds thru it.

---------------
Gary