SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Pretty interesting auction for some nice H&K's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pretty interesting auction for some nice H&K's Login/Join 
posted
The boss for my side job has used this auction site a few times, but never for weapons.

Looks like Doral Fl PD is getting rid of their toys. All have the "fun button", so I'm out. (I can't have full auto or suppressed until I get out of here).

https://www.govdeals.com/index...wCount=10&StartRow=1

Hopefully some of y'all can snatch one or two up at a decent price!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are FFL/SOT, gov, and LE agency only.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Eh..looking at those serial numbers and forends, those may be legit and old enough. If so, they've definitely been rode hard and hopefully put away wet, as they are intended to run.

When we traded all of ours our, we discovered about 1/4 of them were old enough that they were good for civilian sales and holy smokes did our trade value go up!

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
Date code appears to be 1998 on most of the MP5's.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
Eh..looking at those serial numbers and forends, those may be legit and old enough. If so, they've definitely been rode hard and hopefully put away wet, as they are intended to run.

When we traded all of ours our, we discovered about 1/4 of them were old enough that they were good for civilian sales and holy smokes did our trade value go up!

An imported MG has to have been imported prior to 1968, as the 68 GCA banned civilian ownership of title-2 firearms imported into the US after 68, with the exception of LE agencies and FFL/SOT holders. The 86 MG ban then resulted in the so-called pre-86 dealer sample, which are post-68 import, pre-86 ban MGs. These may be bought and sold amongst FFL/SOT holders without a LE demo letter and may be kept after giving up one’s SOT.

Are you saying your agency had pre-68 fully transferable MP5s or pre-86 dealer sample MP5s? There are rumored to be a small handful of pre-68 MP5s imported for and still in a LE agency armory.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post