SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Aero Precision M-5 in 6.5 Creedmore
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aero Precision M-5 in 6.5 Creedmore Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Today was the inaugural shoot of my Aero Precision M-5 in 6.5 Creedmore.

Thanks to JPB for taking me to his private range

Rifle Configuration
Aero Precision M-5 lower
Geissele SSA-E trigger
22" heavy barreled Aero Precision complete upper receiver with nitride BCG
Primary Arms 4-14x44mm 30mm tube first focal plane telescopic sight in Nikon 20 MOA down mount
Winchester Match 140 grain HPBT ammo

After getting the sights aligned at 100 yards, I proceeded to shoot a 4-round group coverable by a quarter dollar coin.

I am so happy with the rifle's performance. I plan to take it to much longer ranges just as soon as I can.

Pictures tomorrow.

We spent the balance of the afternoon shooting at clay pigeons sitting on the 100 yard berm using his AR-15 and 1943 Romanian Mauser in 8x57mm.

As happy as I am with my AeroP, I am happier that I spent the day with the friend I've known longer than anyone else, save my sister < spits >.

So, take a sunny, beautiful day and go shooting with a friend. These days make memories.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31431 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you like it - I was eyeballing those awhile back. I ended up with a bolt gun but still have these on my radar. Please post comments on future range trips!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new stick! I built one with the same barrel you nave, a 22" Ballistic Advantage Premium barrel.

It is capable of some very good groups. Are you a hand loader?

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! I've built a 16" 308 using Aero Precision parts and have been really pleased with the results.

I've also been eyeing parts to build up a 6.5CM as well. Pics of your setup definitely in order.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
I have used a lot of Aero Precision parts over the last year in my builds, as well as recommended them for friends. I have been pleased with the fit, finish, function, and pricing of everything I have purchased, glad to hear other people are having the same results! Sounds like quite the deal for an extremely accurate rifle!

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post