SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New scope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New scope Login/Join 
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted
Optics planet got my order for a new scope, Vortex Viper Gen2 5-25X, rings and lens caps.

Yea for Black Friday deals!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
Optics planet got my order for a new scope, Vortex Viper Gen2 5-25X, rings and lens caps.

I also needed a scope for a rifle I have. I used the brownells code to get a leupold vx2 for 183.00 shipped to my door. It was already on sale, then with the code it knocked it down even more.

Not as nice as what you have but I needed a simple but nice scope for hunting and I didn't want to break the bank.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Leupold keeps making new scopes. VX3i, VX5, VX6, etc. But that new VX2 is a great scope for the $.
Hard to beat for the guy who cannot spend tons of $ but needs a good piece of glass. Which is where I am at too these days. I have been very satisfied with the VX2 as well.

Congrats on the new scope. While I am not a Vortex guy. I am sure it will serve you well.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Leupold keeps making new scopes. VX3i, VX5, VX6, etc. But that new VX2 is a great scope for the $.
Hard to beat for the guy who cannot spend tons of $ but needs a good piece of glass. Which is where I am at too these days. I have been very satisfied with the VX2 as well.

Congrats on the new scope. While I am not a Vortex guy. I am sure it will serve you well.

I agree 100%. For hunting, I rarely shoot past 300yds so no need for anything fancy. I have a few vx2s and they have always been reliable for me so it was a. I. Rainer when I needed another scope. I have a vx3i and it is an awesome scope but twice the cost of a vx2.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

In your opinion, is there anything else like the vx2 out there in regards to value and affordability? I used to like the vortex diamondbacks but less and less as time goes on. My dad has several rifles that need glass so I want to get a few for him but I don't want to break the bank since I'll need 3-4. He's not a precision shooter just a hunter and he will goes to the range every week or 2 and shoots paper and steel out to 300 or so.

I'm tempted to just grab a bunch of vx2s but since I'm getting a few it would be cool to try something else for a side by side comparison.

posted Hide Post
Have you ever tried thermal rifle scope? I want to hunt at night and need some good such scope. For example I found on ATN website some examples. They are expensive, but I still want ATN THOR-HD 384 1.25-5x. Is it good variant?

Posts: 11 | Registered: November 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
This new scope is replacing a Leupold Mk4 4.5-14X, not sure what I'm gonna do with the Leupold Roll Eyes Optics Planet predicts deliver late December, ugh!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Newmexican, the only scope I know of would probably be a Nikon. While I am not wild about the country of origin of them. They are very good glass for the money. Optically very clear. Nikon is still a great Company. I sent in an older scope that I damaged and they sent me a brand new scope that was a very generous replacement. I see no other options to the VX-2 that are remotely in the same class for the money.

Might check out Bushnell, but do not think they complete currently.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:

You have good taste.

I have been pulled back and forth between the PST GenII, the Razor GenII, and then I get practical and realize that the PST GenI would be fine....

And then I close my browser because I don't NEED to finish this build in a hurry.

Mega Monolithic upper that may be a 223, or a 6mm Grendel, or a 22 Grendel, or a 224 Valkyrie......

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post