SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Trade 556 Swat Patrol for Colt 6960 CCU or Springfield M1A
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trade 556 Swat Patrol for Colt 6960 CCU or Springfield M1A Login/Join 
posted
I have a mint Sig 556 Patrol Swat rifle. I bought it new and have literally 60 rounds through it and it's been in the safe ever since. I've decided to sell or trade it since I don't use it. I've seen prices for these on Gunbroker all over the place. Anyway I've listed it on a couple of local Florida Gun trading sites. Two trades that I am interested in are a Colt LE6960 Colt Combat Unit rifle which is Colt's Midlength carbine with a Criterion rail, 16' barrel and Magpul furniture. Seller says its brand new but he has no box. I've also been offered a Springfield M1A standard model with walnut stock, 10 round mag and Springfield soft carry case. Seller says it has 20 rounds through it. Anyway I'm interested in both guns and I'm having a hard time deciding. Looking for recommendations and or suggestions?
Thanks,
JR

Posts: 1066 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: May 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Hard choice. Value is there on both, I’d be taking the colt most likely but I wouldnt be sad with the Springfield

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Go for the Colt!

Value wise, Colts tend to hold their value long term, though it would help if it had the factory box. As a side benefit to the collector, over the years Colt randomly halts sales to civilians or goes into bankruptcy. These things are a boon to folks who may want to sell down the road.

A SIG 556 is pretty much an Edsel (no offense intended, I own one myself). It never was accepted as a real 550 platform. It also doesn't help that SIG Sauer has ceased production and support for the model in a feverish quest to make new irrelevant and soon to be discontinued designs.

The M1A doesn't really hold any collector appeal unless it's one of the old ones with MIL parts. Most folks who are really into the M1A platform likely would be looking at LRB or having one built by a Guru. Modern SA M1As will largely be relegated to the beginners in the M1A game or skipped entirely.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
US made Sig556's are not ever going to be collectible. With Colt prices up, if it's local and you can do a swap...I'd go that way.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trade for the Colt and don’t look back.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Get the Colt. Wink

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm an AR guy, so I say go with the Colt.

The Springfield M-1s is usual easy to get, Colt availability has been a roller coaster as of late.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post