SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Law Tactical folding stock adapter: has the novelty worn off?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Law Tactical folding stock adapter: has the novelty worn off? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today.
The video makes installation look pretty easy.
I'll report back.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
The novelty will never wear off for me.
I have one on a 10.5" AR pistol that I tote around in a bag. Without the LAW it wouldn't fit.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
Mine arrive today.

The BCG extension required for the system is incompatible with the JP Silent Capture system.

I've contacted them to see if they offer or plan to offer an extension with a hole for the Silent Capture Rod.

I'll let you guys know how they respond. I'm a bit bummed about it, as I was excited about both systems on this application.

Two emails sent. No response.

I guess they don't care. I shouldn't be surprised...

There is no way to drill a large enough hole in the buffer extension to clear the JP silent capture rod.

I'm going to have to choose. So far I'm leaning towards just returning the LT folding hinge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13949 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Still no response. I've returned it for a refund.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13949 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I have one ready for my DD MK18, I ran one on my previouis MK18 pistol and like it quite a bit. With my MCX's gong by the wayside it will repalce my MCX pistol

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
Still no response. I've returned it for a refund.

I've never tried that Silent Capture rod. Is it good enough to have to keep it? Maybe transfer it to another rifle and use a conventional "Sproooiiing!" setup on the rifle with the folder?
It must be pretty good, if you can't live without it. I'll have to try one Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post