SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Law Tactical folding stock adapter: has the novelty worn off?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Law Tactical folding stock adapter: has the novelty worn off? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Or are you still happy with the purchase?

Is it reliable? Any Gremlins crop up after extended use/round count?

Would you spend the money elsewhere, now?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
It looks like a well made (and expensive) piece of equipment but with questionable merit.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Has the novelty worn off? Apparently not - they're still expensive.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I know there is still some demand for them, even in LE, so I don't think it's going out of popularity any time soon.

No complaints about their reliability or reports of negatively effecting an ARs operation, that I've seen.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
I have two Gen 3M, I never thought of them as a novelty because they serve a specific purpose for me. Do you have a need (or want) for a folding stock so your rifle/AR pistol will be more compact? If you want to store your rifle in a specific place and be able to deploy it quickly, then it really is the only good option.

Over a couple thousand rounds, no hiccups for me.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
They serve no purpose whatsoever—unless one wants a shorter rifle for storage or transport and without incurring the several disadvantages of an SBR.

I don’t have one, but I can certainly see why some gun owners believe that it’s a useful accessory.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for two years and love it on my SBR. It folds us short enough to go into a backpack.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Mine works great on my SBR as well, makes for one small package.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I was meaning novelty in this sense: "the quality of being new, original, or unusual."

I'm glad some of y'all still like it now that the new has worn off and it's not causing problems.

That's good enough for me to try one out.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've no problems with mine, but its not on a rifle I shoot a lot. The design seems sensible enough for its purpose. Brownell's has been having them on sale lately so they are cheaper at the moment.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I've got one in the mail...

The Dolos kit is the one I'm struggling to consider. I really like my Troy forends, and I'd have to change that out. But if I did...my blackout would fit in the center console of my truck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I've watched them enough that I believe they work as intended. If you need a short package for portability (backpack, inside a vehicle deployment, etc), then they seem pretty well qualified.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
There are videos of people putting AR pistols in small backpacks with them. Same could easily be done with an SBR.

It does have Merit I just don't have any need for it so I don't have any on my rifles

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The cost is substantial for something I don't really need, but I'd be able to overcome that with a late night act of credit card stupid.

It's the weight that gave me pause. The rifle I was going to put it on is one I will actually carry for hours/days at a time. I already swapped scopes not long ago to one that's like twice as heavy, I didn't need the extra close to a pound from then LTF.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is also the Deadfoot Arms folding adapter and bcg. It allows the rifle to be fired folded. It probably is not as compact. Not cheap either but if you are spending the money might as well go all the way.
I have no personal experience with it, just throwing it out there.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one on my 10" Noveske. When it is collapsed, I can fit the whole thing with a magazine inserted into a bookbag. I work in plain clothes on occasion, and no one looks twice at someone wearing a bookbag.

I'll admit I was skeptical at first, but I've put about 1000 rounds through the rifle with it installed with absolutely no issues. I'm not running out to buy more, as I don't need it on anything I'm not going to conceal, but it has done everything I have asked it to do.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only wish is for them to come down in price point just a bit, 150.00 range.

They do serve a purpose, think on a AR pistol would really come in handy.

They do add weight and LOP and for some that is ok.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
There is also the Deadfoot Arms folding adapter and bcg. It allows the rifle to be fired folded. It probably is not as compact. Not cheap either but if you are spending the money might as well go all the way.

Seen it, but I believe you need a special BCG with their setup?

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it comes with a shortened bcg. I think takedown is a little more difficult also because the bcg protrudes into the short buffer tube.

quote:
Originally posted by SigP239Hokie:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:

Seen it, but I believe you need a special BCG with their setup?

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Mine arrive today.

The BCG extension required for the system is incompatible with the JP Silent Capture system.

I've contacted them to see if they offer or plan to offer an extension with a hole for the Silent Capture Rod.

I'll let you guys know how they respond. I'm a bit bummed about it, as I was excited about both systems on this application.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post