SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Advice finding JDI Import SG-551 Pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice finding JDI Import SG-551 Pistol Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Want to shoot and collect and will probably just do both

Posts: 150 | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Both is always the right answer.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I was originally going to get the 751, but the price of magazines, no iron sights, and it's not the "gun from that movie"...plus they brought fewer of them in, led me to get the 551.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity how much were they going for, when they were available from JDI?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
551P's were $3250 and 751's were $3950 if I recall

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
PGT, thanks. Kicking myself for not getting one of the 551P's. May have to post a WTB ad in the classifieds, not that I think I'll get any bites given their recent disposition & rarity. May have to consider what a decent premium is.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
one sold on GB for 751 money over the last month or two.

posted Hide Post
I understand the SAPR has the pic rail. Can a rear diopter/ Front sight be added?.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The front sight is easily swapped for an N+ hooded sight as it looks like the gas block is standard issue. The rear gives you two options...the clip-on diopter that's $4xx or replace the top rail with an MFI repro. If the 751 is like my railed 553, that's not an option though as the rail is welded onto the receiver. Perhaps a 751 owner could chime in.

posted Hide Post
Thanks PGT, your valuable input is greatly appreciated!

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
of course! If you get any info on number of 751's left, please report back. On my radar, too.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Head's up; JDI has 10 model 550's left for Feb/March delivery. Grey, green furniture, 20" barrel, 1:7 twist, diopter and pistol config. $3450