SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    10/22 - gotta love it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10/22 - gotta love it Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Haven't shot it for at least 2 years, maybe more like at least 3-4 years. Haven't touched it since you guys taught me so much about 22lr, ammo brands, how to shoot. I got dialed in pretty good (for me) at that time. But again, haven't touched it since.

Took it out and dusted it off. I was going to have some fun plunking steel. But I needed to remove the scope and re-install and zero the RDS (off brand on an ADM rail mount).

It's been so long that I had to think about which direction to load rounds into the mag. And then get familiar with the controls again - mag release, safety, slide release.

But the ADM mount held zero really well. And the 10/22 became familiar again quickly. Off the bat, the groups were good enough for me. (ETA: 10 rounds of SK standard or Geco Match - not sure which. 25 yards off a front rest and rear bag. With my eyes, the red dot was basically filling the black circle surrounding the center dots).

10/22: what a great price for a great gun and for good fun. I felt bad for the other guys w/ 22's near me shooting - most shooting w/ a big scope. They were hitting but slowly. I was knocking down steel as fast as I could move the rifle and pull the trigger. The RDS is great. I had to stop so that they had something to shoot at. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they have doubled in price since the WhooHooFloo outbreak. I saw a standard, wood stock model on Buds site for $300.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting.

The 10/22 is one of the most versatile .22's ever, IMO.

Yep, gotta' love it!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a couple Ruger Chargers. Tons of fun to shoot!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a new take down We’d evening, haven’t got a chance to shoot it yet. That makes #3 10/22 for me. I also bought a Ruger American 22 rim fire. They had them new for $199 I couldn’t pass it up.
Yooper, if you have any Rural Kings up there, they have the wood or synthetic for $239

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Rural Kings in the Yoop. At 199, thats a deal!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I currently own 4 10/22's in various configurations, a 10" charger, plain Jane Am rimfire in 22LR, and Am rimfire S/S walnut in 17hmr and 22mag. Bet you cant tell that I love these things, lol! Now, working on a suppressor that will fit a couple of these.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Nice shooting.

The 10/22 is one of the most versatile .22's ever, IMO.

Yep, gotta' love it!

Absolutely!

I'm a huge fan of the 10/22 platform, too. From basic, reasonably priced, dead reliable plinkers (with the aggressively rimmed .22LR cartridge, Ruger's rotary 10-round magazines are a godsend!), to great iron sights marksmanship trainers (with Tech Sights), to tacticool scary black rifles, to match guns with accuracy and triggers that can hang with anything but high level benchrest guns (I used to have a 10/22 I built with a KIDD barrel and trigger on a TacSol receiver that had at least as good a trigger and was not noticeably less accurate than the several Anschutz target rifles I've had or borrowed or my Lilja-barreled Sako Quad), they can really do it all!

It's an all-time classic.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
We have 3 in the house of various types. For general use, plinking, whatever, hard to go wrong with a 10/22.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
What’s not to love!
This is kind of an old picture, the top one I finally gave in and sold to a friend, the bottom one is actually a Zimmerman, 10-22 trigger, bolt & barrel but the one piece receiver & forend all bolts together. And since this I’ve added a SCAR-22 clone which is cool but fragile, I broke a stock the first time I used it but they sent a free replacement and I sold it afterwards and a HK G36-22 conversation kit which isn’t as cool as I thought it would be, mainly because their mags don’t feed worth a crap but you can use regular Ruger 25 end mags.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
*********Flame Suit On**********
My 10/22 is my absolute least favorite gun I own.

Getting the magazine in and out is just so awkward to me.
Maybe if I try some of the BX25 mags that would help.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
*********Flame Suit On**********
My 10/22 is my absolute least favorite gun I own.

Getting the magazine in and out is just so awkward to me.
Maybe if I try some of the BX25 mags that would help.

No flame from me, but I always thought the 10/22 mag was one of the best parts of the design. The older flush mag release is my preference, but the extended version makes popping out the magazine super quick.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice. Yeah, I finally picked one up last summer, but haven't done anything with it yet. I want to install a few parts and throw it in an HTA 90/22 stock kit. Should be an absolute giggle!

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah......10/22's are a ton of fun.....so versatile......I have the drum for mine that holds around 110 rounds.....so when I get bored of precision shooting with it at the range with the 3-25 round magazines I have.........I just do an ammo dump with the drum and can keep all of the shots in a 8" area pulling the trigger as fast as i can.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post