SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    De Lisle Commando silenced rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

De Lisle Commando silenced rifle Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted
Never heard of it and was curious if anyone here had any experience with one. Was made for the United Kingdom. Decent write up here about production and the silencing method used.
+++LINK+++

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding an original to try out. There were only ever 130 or so in total made, only a small number that still exist in museums and private collections, and only a couple ever made it into the US and onto the NFA registry.

But there are/were a few different companies offering reproductions/conversions over the years here in the US. Looks like http://www.valkyriearms.com/delisle.html still offers their reproductions, at the low price of a mere $2500.

Here's a shot of members of the 1st Battalion Gordon Highlanders trying out the a couple Delisle Carbines and a couple M1 or M2 Carbines. Taken in Malaya during 1952, in the midst of the Malayan Emergency.

The shooter on the left is General Sir Gerald Templer, then the British High Commissioner for Malaya.

And here's Forgotten Weapons' coverage of the DeLisle:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtzaVil5joc

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure tac has had the opportunity to shoot one.

tac's guns video:

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Here is a great video. I want one!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I'm pretty sure tac has had the opportunity to shoot one.

tac's guns video:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s0Egigzz6j0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

TAC is a teenage girl.... ???

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Neat gun. If I had a little more spare cash and were 20+ years younger ....

I am curious, though, about the two tax stamps requirement of the replica. Somewhere I got the idea that if an SBR had an integral suppressor, only one stamp was required. Is that not what the replica has, or am I just mistaken about my original belief?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Jim, thanks for the video. Man that thing is quiet. Wonder what we have currently that is being used by the teams for suppressed sound needs ? That thing makes my pump up Daisy air rifle, squirrel remover sound like a cannon.

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
Jim, thanks for the video. Man that thing is quiet. Wonder what we have currently that is being used by the teams for suppressed sound needs ? That thing makes my pump up Daisy air rifle, squirrel remover sound like a cannon.

Yeah, my .177 pellet rifle is super loud compared to the De Lisle. That's the beauty of a bolt action, no mechanical noise by moving parts. The best silencer won't suppress the sound of a bolt slamming a round in or the spring in a pellet rifle.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My buddy back in NC had one. He owned a gun store and was a manufacturer for all things “shush or full auto”

He had a original one that he let me shoot whenever I wanted. They are really quiet. Like 22lr suppressed quiet...I’ve not seen anything like a 22 suppressed that is Hollywood quiet, but the delisle is using factory 230 ball ammo.

Some of the other suppressed stuff is stupid quiet but it’s because it’s 44special or special loaded ammo for subsonic.

When he was getting ready to retire, he began selling off his auto/suppressed stuff...saw him sell a M2hb once...and a real Thompson....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love to have a "retro " one made. I have always thought that they were cool as $hit!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post