SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SAN Swiss Arms PE90 sold for ~ $20K!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAN Swiss Arms PE90 sold for ~ $20K! Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Beautiful rifle, but wow, 20K!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874398082

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I was gonna buy it, but man... $75 for shipping? What a rip off!!! Wink

Amazing rifle that I would run like a scalded dawg!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The seller is probably very happy. Hopefully the buyer is pleased. Such a rifle at such a high price will likely never be shot. Using it may result in a noticeable decrease in market value.

I'll stick with my AR15s.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
... Such a rifle at such a high price will likely never be shot. Using it may result in a noticeable decrease in market value.

It has been shot and the charging handle grip is broken and needs replacement.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Now I wish I had a PE90 to sell

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Lot of these coming out of .ch right now. "pre-ban" normally means imported to the US prior to 1989. Going rate on a true pre-ban is what the BIN was and what it sold for.

Going rate for one brought in recently as a pistol is about 7-8K for used.

Unless there's provenance on this really being a pre-89 import, the price is eye-raising. It's clearly marked 016 for 2016 production so it's NOT a pre-ban. The included optic is nice and drove the value for sure.

I have a PE90 on order from JDI for a LOOOOOTTTT less.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Lot of these coming out of .ch right now. "pre-ban" normally means imported to the US prior to 1989. Going rate on a true pre-ban is what the BIN was and what it sold for.

Going rate for one brought in recently as a pistol is about 7-8K for used.

Unless there's provenance on this really being a pre-89 import, the price is eye-raising. It's clearly marked 016 for 2016 production so it's NOT a pre-ban. The included optic is nice and drove the value for sure.

I have a PE90 on order from JDI for a LOOOOOTTTT less.

I hope to get one of the JDI imported PE90s myself. I'm sure they'll be very nice.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
A fool and his money...

certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I would say more like a rich fool in this case

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The high dollar figure may have been due to a recent article in Firearms News discussing the rifle and its scarcity. Not 20K worth of scarce, IMHO.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
No, they've sold for that before but only when documented as pre-ban (meaning pre-89 and imported as a complete rifle....not many came in before the import ban because it was a new design at the time). The flowery langauge of the seller and lots of quality pics and extras drove that value from someone who doesn't know the difference.

It's only scarce in the US due to the 1989 military rifle import ban. They're far more plentiful in Europe and the 2016 production date supports that.

posted Hide Post
I don’t follow the nuances of the 89 ban. I do get how modern banned rifles get here via pistols with rifle length barrels to have a stock later but how does a modern one get here with no import marks?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
It's really subjective. I recall seeing a LNIB SIG 551 at a Tulsa gun show over 20yrs ago with a price of $18,500. Adjusted for inflation, that was a LOT more than $20K. I suspect most people would consider that a lot of money. Then again, there are folks who regularly buy classic double guns like high grade Parkers, Perazzi, Kreighoff, Holland & Holland etc. Some of the upper level Blaser rifles can easily surpass the $20K mark.

That's why I got a big laugh out of people complaining that $2,799 was 'too much' and 'expensive' when H&K released the SP5. Big Grin I still giggle at the thought of that.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
This seller is very close to me, I often wonder where he gets such quality merchandise. He was very prolific on the Colt Forum a few years ago.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
This seller is very close to me, I often wonder where he gets such quality merchandise. He was very prolific on the Colt Forum a few years ago.

They consign a lot. I know a dealer in the midwest that sends them stuff to sell for him. Worth the money to let them clean it up, take pics and then list it. 15% of final auction price which includes GB fees. Just beware shill bidders running the price up and bid smartly. I've seen the same sourcer bidding on their auctions and often wonder if it's his own item or he is trying to buy.

I bought an AR70 from them earlier this year after trying to work a deal for it with the sourcing shop. I ended up paying exactly what I offered so he got that minus Keystone's fees. Joke's on him (though I'm sure he still made a lot on it).

Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
My friend dealt with him a lot with the Pythons, before he opened his place and started selling a bunch more online. He was getting a lot of class 3 stuff for a while too. I almost used him to sell a Python for me but decided to keep it. He does take quality pics and does very good cleaning.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I would really like to meet the sort of paragon of financial virtue who never spends money foolishly (assuming, of course, that he has money to spend foolishly). I have never known anyone like that, and the other of course is that “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”

Except for the fact that I’m too old to start now, if I won a huge lottery prize, I could certainly see starting a collection of rare military type weapons along with the other foolish things I’d spend money on. I am always amused by the, “You can find that for less money if you look,” claims I see here all the time. Yeah, perhaps if I’m willing to spend all my time searching and don’t mind waiting a few years. If I want that exact gun right now then most of the time that claim is nonsense.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, it doesn't take a "paragon of financial virtue" to see that paying $20K shipped for a rifle that can be had for under $10K without the 'scopesight'.

Although maybe paying $10K over market is cool with some.

But if that makes me 'wrong', I don't wanna be right! Wink

<corrected actual value> Wink

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Ahem. Going rate is 6-9K, as mentioned. Keystone even sold the first one as "Pre-Ban" when it also shows the same CH 016 which means 2016 Swiss production.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867362703

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867362703

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
if you take a look at the bid history , it topped out at $7500, then a day or so later someone hit the Buy It Now button,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post