SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Just finished my 10/22 build!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just finished my 10/22 build! Login/Join 
Picture of JJexp
posted
After all of the 10/22 threads as of late, I just couldn't let my 10/22 take down alone. I knew I had wanted the Magpul stock, and that quickly devolved into a game of "Well, if I'm gonna change this, I might as well change that too..."

So, here's a pic of what it is now, although I'm sure it'll be bound to change.

The parts list:
The rifle started life as a kryptek camo pattern take down with a stainless threaded barrel, wearing an MRO.

Stock: Magpul X-22 Hunter take down
Trigger: Ruger BX trigger
Volquartsen auto bolt release
E. Arthur Brown extended mag release
UTG picatinny rail
Nikon A-Series low rings
Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x40 ao scope with bdc (now the rifle no longer fits in the takedown bag.)

The can is of the form 1 variety, and with Gemtec 22lr subs, the only noise is the action cycling. All of this fun has made me realize I might need to do a scratch build now.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Nicely done and funny timing, I just fitted my 2-7x Leupold that was discussed here in another thread to my TD last night. It looks mighty similar, black X22 stock, blued barrel (for now), Ruger BX Trigger with Kid Buffer and Auto Release and I can run a Sparrow or HTA Kestrel suppressor. Next up is sighting it in and then a Volquartsen barrel is on the list too in the coming months.

With the Leupold the snapped together X22 doesn't really fit in one pocket in the Ruger bag anymore. You can get it in there but the front sight grabs when you extract. But there a lot of pockets in the Ruger bag so...

Enjoy!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Very nice. They are a lot of fun to play around with. I just put together one with a black x-22 TD stock also. I really like the extended mag release.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Nice setup. I’ve been considering picking up a Takedown model to go with my stainless Carbine model. I don’t really NEED it, but posts like this don’t exactly make it easy to resist the temptation.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
You gotta SBR that YO!

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
Nicely done and funny timing, I just fitted my 2-7x Leupold that was discussed here in another thread to my TD last night.

Enjoy!

It was your thread that put me on the hunt for a reasonably price Leupold for the takedown, and thus the need for a full stocked rifle to stick the Vortex on. This forum might be a bad influence.

quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
You gotta SBR that YO!

Right after I mount a surefire and tapeswitch, then it can go into the home defense rotation fo sho!

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
Right after I mount a surefire and tapeswitch, then it can go into the home defense rotation fo sho!

I highly recommend your researching the inferior ballistics of 22lr ammo before considering using a 10/22 for home defense.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:

I highly recommend your researching the inferior ballistics of 22lr ammo before considering using a 10/22 for home defense.

Seriously? We were joking.

posted Hide Post
quote:
We were joking.

That's good. I've been around enough sites to know such statements can be made in earnest.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Glad I came across this thread. I ordered the E Arthur Brown mag release after seeing your rifle and I must say that it’s a huge improvement. Well worth the $20 spent.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
We were joking.

That's good. I've been around enough sites to know such statements can be made in earnest.

Lighten up, Francis. Wink

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a "finished" Ruger 10/22. Once started they are always morphing to something a little different.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post