SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have experience with a Ruger Mini-14 in 6.8SPC?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with a Ruger Mini-14 in 6.8SPC? Login/Join 
Picture of JohnnyD
posted
Local pawn shop has one which looks excellent.
I've done a bit of research on them and my understanding is they have the original SAAMI spec chamber, but I also read that most of the factory 6.8SPC loads are the original spec as well.
I'm thinking this would make a great hog gun.
Anything which I should know about these rifles in this chambering?

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Ruger didn't make many of these. Recent samples I've seen online run in the $700-$800 range. I have one which I've only plinked with using ball ammo but see no reason you couldn't hunt hogs.

What do you have to pay for this one?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Do you own it yet? Pics? Inquiring minds want to know... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
No Smile I don't own it yet.
I have a DD M4V7 in 6.8, so I'm covered for hunting. I like the Mini-14 platform. The one I'm eyeballing is close to $800.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post