SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    ACS or ACS-L? Anyone have experience with both?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ACS or ACS-L? Anyone have experience with both? Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted
I think I've narrowed my SBR build to one of these stocks. I'll be using a LAW folding stock adapter so I'm trying to keep it Compact to carry in a bag. Does the extra battery tube/larger cheek weld interfere with this function? I'm not sure the battery storage is as big of a deal (the grip can serve that purpose) but I've read the extra cheek weld is desirable.

Any thoughts or input?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Compact and ACS shouldn't be in the same sentence...

It's definitely a bit on the clunky and heavier side. I would take a look at the MFT minimalist stock, especially if size and weight is a factor.

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
If you want it to fold as flat as possible, go with the ACS-L.

In fact the ACS-L is a fairly wide stock.....

Good cheekweld and folding up as flat as possible are mutually exclusive.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ACS is huge width-wise. I have an ACS-L and the side door works well for storing a CR-123 and an Allen wrench.

I would say the ACS is very near twice the width of the ACS-L.

Posts: 135 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: July 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Looks like I better make the rounds at some gun shops and see if I can find some examples. It might be best I mount the LAW adapter and but a Moe or CTR on it and get some measurements.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
If you want the cheek weld of the ACS in a more compact package, consider the STR. The ACS is too bulky for an SBR, IMHO. I cannot vouch for folding it though. I would surmise that the ACS/STR will be too wide for this.

After your build, ensure you post pictures here so we can see the finished product.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Assuming he's using that Law Tactical adapter, he could use an STR.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a lower build kit with an ACS-L to finish off a build with a 20" A2 upper...so yeah, it's pretty big. I wanted the extra size to balance out the 20 visually and weight-wise, but stay with an adjustable carbine system.

The MFT or MOE is a lot better fit for compact.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post