SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Beretta Gods smiled upon us! Some 1201 goodness inside...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Beretta Gods smiled upon us! Some 1201 goodness inside... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Can the safety be switched to lefty easily?

Southpaw here. Converts very easily for left handed use.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in one of these, but would like to put a pistol-gripped stock on it.

Does anyone know who all makes stocks that fit these?

I know Choate makes a 1201 stock.

I've also read that some Benelli M1 stocks will fit, but may require modification. Can anyone confirm this? What kind of modification would be needed?

Would the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock for the Benelli M1 fit?

Anyone else make a 1201-compatible stock?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Also, what about replacement parts and aftermarket parts? Are other Benelli M1 parts compatible? Replacement safeties/bolt releases/charging handles? What about replacement springs? Front sights?

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I've also read that some Benelli M1 stocks will fit, but may require modification. Can anyone confirm this? What kind of modification would be needed?

M1 pistol grip stock will work.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I have the Urbino stock for the M1 on my 1201. The top edge juts out slightly, but not anywhere near my cheek, so I am not concerned. Love the shorter LOP, even with the LimbSaver installed.

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
I have the Urbino stock for the M1 on my 1201. The top edge juts out slightly, but not anywhere near my cheek, so I am not concerned. Love the shorter LOP, even with the LimbSaver installed.

Did you have to modify anything, or was it a drop-in fit?

Do you mind posting some photos?

Regarding the top edge "jutting out", do you think it's something that could easily be sanded/Dremeled down for a flush fit?

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I've made no modifications to the stock. See for yourself:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rawny,

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's hardly noticeable, and probably not worth messing with to try and make it flush.

Thanks!

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, what about replacement parts and aftermarket parts? Are other Benelli M1 parts compatible? Replacement safeties/bolt releases/charging handles? What about replacement springs? Front sights?

M1 Charging handles work with the 1201

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
quote:

M1 Charging handles work with the 1201

1) What????
2) Pics?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've read the same thing about the charging handles. Apparently, M1 aftermarket charging handles drop in to the 1201FP.

I've also read that safeties might be compatible, but nothing confirmed, and no mention of specifics.

I'm going to try putting a M1 oversized safety on my 1201FP. I'll let you know if it works.

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
That is true. I have the over-sized charging handle and safety from Dave's Metalworks on mine.

The charging handle pulls right out, pop in the new one. Done.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
That is true. I have the over-sized charging handle and safety from Dave's Metalworks on mine.

The charging handle pulls right out, pop in the new one. Done.

I don’t have any pics available but on my last 1201FP I used the Dave’s Metal Works Charging Handle on both the Benelli M1S90 and the Beretta 1201FP. My wife has noticed my interest in this deal and offered to buy me one. If all goes well and I get one of these I’ll be getting the Dave’s Metal Works CH again.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My 1201FP is scheduled to be delivered on Monday, and I already have some accessories inbound for it:

-Mesa Tactical Urbino pistol-grip stock with Limbsaver recoil pad
-Nordic Components extended charging handle
-Taran Tactical extended safety

The shotgun and all accessories cost just under $500 shipped total.

I'll get some pics posted next week, once everything arrives and gets installed.

And once I get my hands on it, I'm going to try to figure out a good way to mount a light too.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Mesa Tactical Urbino pistol-grip stock with Limbsaver recoil

Which one fits? The 1301 or M4? Or do they make one for the 1201?

Thanks

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Benelli M1/M2 model fits. Available with or without a cheek riser.

No Riser: https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...auge-synthetic-black
Riser: https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...auge-synthetic-black

(I got the version with the riser just in case, since my 1201FP has the taller ghost ring sights. And if it's not needed, the riser can just be left off.)

The Beretta 1301 and Benelli M4 use a different (gas) operating mechanism, and their stocks aren't compatible with the inertia-driven 1201 and M1/M2.

There's no Urbino model specifically for the 1201. Choate is the only one who makes a 1201-specific pistol-gripped stock.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I was telling my brother about these Berettas and my 74 year old father perked up and got interested. I ended up helping him get his ordered. Then my wife was paying attention and said “your birthday is coming, would you rather have a case of ammo or the Beretta?” I also have one coming.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Mountsplus delivery came today. Two days!

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
Received my 1201FP from my FFL today and it looks great. I also just placed an order with Mountsplus for a Mesa Tactical Urbino stock and parts from Dave's Metal Works for an oversized bolt handle and oversized safety. I'll post before and after pictures as soon as the parts are on.

Posts: 8 | Registered: March 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post